Question Home version of Deep Instinct that's not tied to HP?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello :)

From memory, no.
DeepInstinct is an enterprise product, but resellers also sell it to individuals.
HP on the other hand is the only brand where they have a white label software from DeepInstinct which is Wolf Security.

ShenguiTurmi

Level 3
Well-known
Feb 28, 2023
HP SureSense/WolfSecurity offers DeepInstinct's machine learning engine, which from the results appears to be locked to a minimum detection sensitivity. the official version of DI offers cloud PUA in addition to machine learning as well as behavioural protection, both of which are not available in HP's offering.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Is there a home version of deep instinct that's not tied to HP? Thanks
@Shadowra is correct, but to expand... the enterprise version is available from reseller in US, Cyberforce Security, and other resellers depending on your location. Cost is reasonable about $45/year. I am using Di on my home-office win10. A little learning curve in getting it configured but a few folks here know it well, and I found Cyberforce support helpful too.

cartaphilus

Level 5
Thread author
Mar 17, 2023
@Shadowra is correct, but to expand... the enterprise version is available from reseller in US, Cyberforce Security, and other resellers depending on your location. Cost is reasonable about $45/year. I am using Di on my home-office win10. A little learning curve in getting it configured but a few folks here know it well, and I found Cyberforce support helpful too.

I will try it alongside of eset.

cliffspab

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 4, 2019

I did the same as you. about $45 too. It seems great so far - very light on resources - and, most importantly, and totally the oppositve of Cylance, it is very easy to undo false positives, restore files and whitelist them. Good av.

Kongo

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
DI is really meant to run in place of MS Defender. If you install a third party AV, MS Defender automatically turns itself off.
Actually you can choose wether you want to register Deep Instinct in security center and disable Microsoft Defender or you can run it alongside it without registering. It's pretty cool but not necessary. Deep Instinct will offer great protection without any other real-time security suite. Just combine it with a web-protection extension and/or secure DNS and you will be fine.

Oldie1950

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2022
Ordered a Z Elite from HP to tear apart and I can safely say that Wolf Security cripples any system I see it on.
This machine was damn near completely unusable until I reimaged it.
Their agent is decent, but absolutely destroys system performa

Wolf Security was also installed on my HP computer. It has always patronized me. I then uninstalled it. Now the computer runs without problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: lain and vtqhtr413

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.