honestly .. is CIS the Best ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Exorcizm

BoXX28 said:
Comodo Antivirus' peak detection rate was 98% before so I do think that there's still room for improvements.

Wow, i didn't even know that, that's even better than i thought!

It's great to see these little companies surpass the bigger dreadful ones like norton :)

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Comodo Antivirus' detection rates drops sometimes so I do think that it's not a good idea of not being able to maintain a stable percentage of detection rates.

E

Exorcizm

BoXX28 said:
Comodo Antivirus' detection rates drops sometimes so I do think that it's not a good idea of not being able to maintain a stable percentage of detection rates.

You failed to mention that beforehand ;)

So now i withdraw my comment haha :D

I'm happy with my new security suite setup :)

D

Deleted member 178

dont rely upon tests, it is just informative, on my system CIS is 100% prevention/detection, never have been infected since i used it, and im a risky user

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well CIS is one of the top notch product and its free, from firewall, HIPS and their improved AV too.

Definitely you can save money much.

E

Exorcizm

umbrapolaris said:
dont rely upon tests, it is just informative, on my system CIS is 100% prevention/detection, never have been infected since i used it, and im a risky user

Then again, it depends on the environment you call "risky" :)

Warez and such sites are classified as "risky" because of the files uploaded alot of the time being virused etc, but if you know what to look for, you'll be just fine

then you've also got your pr0n sites, which can also most definately bring harm to your computer if you visit the right site, trojan horses alot of the time (nasty things they are :D)

Every system with CIS will be to the . different, because of the environment the user is in. :)

I

illumination

CIS in capable hands, is a very powerful suite. As stated before, it is a suite consisting of layerd security. The firewall is outstanding, IMO the best there is.. D+ the "HIPS" is extremely strong, add this in with the Sandbox and AV.. You also have the Active Process List in the suite "very handy tool", you can opt in or out of using Comodo's secure DNS as well... Simply put, if you take the time to learn CIS, you will find, no matter how you surf the web, you will be well protected with it.

D

Deleted member 178

for passing time i tested CIS "alone" (with my custom setting) on my real system in shadow defender's shadow mode (im not a fool :D ) against all the link of the 1st page of malcode, CIS succeeds in almost all by the cloud, Av, sandbox or D+. i remember 2 were stopped by my UAC (set at max)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Is Comodo Internet Security the best?

Simple answer: No.

Sure it has it's Pros, but it also has an equal list of Cons.

E

Exorcizm

Earth said:
Is Comodo Internet Security the best?

Simple answer: No.

Sure it has it's Pros, but it also has an equal list of Cons.

+ Rep

Nice, simple and to the point, a little bit more ellaboration on the Pros and Cons and this could've been the answer to the OP's question :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For CIS isn't the time to be stated as best. However that suite came with good features and provided maximum protection as possible.

And totally free.

D

Deleted member 178

The Question is not if CIS is the "best" but : CIS it is the best...for you !

Do you understand what it does, can you handle the pop ups, can you setting it perfectly for your needs, is it easy to use for you ?

If all your answers are YES so it may be the best for you, if the answers are NO look for something else...

Dont be a sheep, it is not because many say it is the best that it is true for you, the best application used badly is worse than a average one used perfectly.

Try it, learn all its features for long time, at least 1-2 months then you will know...

ranget

Dec 8, 2011
i will post this quick answer CIS is not the best

Let's talk about D+ vs Online armor Hips

Online Armor Hips is far more better the D+

maybe it's better than other choices but not the best

D

Deleted member 178

OA HIPS is now more annoying than Comodo HIPS...and i dont talk about the first ultralong system scan...

ChivasMex

Oct 22, 2011
I think Comodo Internet Security is not the best, but it is one of the best. It is best for me but not for other people, it's all about your opinion.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
ChivasMex said:
I think Comodo Internet Security is not the best, but it is one of the best. It is best for me but not for other people, it's all about your opinion.

I share your opinion. Well said and wlecome to MalwareTips :)

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
sealava said:
I came to ask here after i looked up comodo on many review sites , and many claim its good because its FREE and that's it . and free anti virus is .. well ..read this :
http://update.pcantivirusreviews.com/news/2009/07/is-free-antivirus-software-worth-it.html
I don't mind paying for my anti virus program , after all its my security . but i do mind when i pay for something and it fails me !
many claim its better then paid anti virus programs like Kaspersky ,BitDefender,Norton ..etc.
if its true I'm in , but i don't wana be a victim of blinded fans :p
your help and advice is much appreciated :)

There isn't the best. "The best" is when a user believe it's their best option of personal choice.
All the the article here is Norton selling point. They are afraid they are losing customer because of free alternative. There isn't any mention of using layered security than to trust on a whole suite. It also doesn't point what Norton weakness points are.

Don't just believe what BS whatever the media are saying especially that comes from an affiliate sites. Use your instinct, there are video test reviews, testing results from testing organization, and trusted forum like MalwareTips to get all the information that you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.