McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Hello House_maniac,
have you got any backup solutions?

If not here is a list of some that you could use and try.

Acronis True Image Home 2012
314-acronis-true-image11.jpg

Paragon Drive Backup 10 Professional
315-paragon-drive-backup1.jpg

Norton Ghost 15
316-norton-ghost1.jpg

O&O DiskImage 5 Professional Edition
2778-oo-diskimage14.jpg

Image for Windows 2.58
320-image-for-windows1.jpg

House_maniac

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 21, 2011
thanks for the tips guys infact i don't use any backup options,i have two partitions,i save everything on the other partition,one partition is just for the operating system,i format my windows every two or three months i use googlesync on my google chrome and get back bookmarks also i don't like several realtime protection i scan my pc twice a week with mbam and hitmanpro :)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
House_maniac said:
thanks for the tips guys infact i don't use any backup options,i have two partitions,i save everything on the other partition,one partition is just for the operating system,i format my windows every two or three months i use googlesync on my google chrome and get back bookmarks also i don't like several realtime protection i scan my pc twice a week with mbam and hitmanpro :)

A backup would a good choice so that something that goes wrong you can restore from the image that you have and also you scan you computer twice a week with Malwarebytes and Hitman Pro.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Having two partitions is meaningless if your hard drive fails. Having an external HDD is the best option. Proper planning preserves precious moments. Formatting Windows every 2-3 months is absurd and there is no benefit to it unless your OS is corrupt.

House_maniac

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 21, 2011
yea i know,i've made some backups of some important files which i don't wana to loose on an usb,i guess if i had too many important things i would have bought an external hdd.anyway i will try a backup solution :)

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Yeah, Partitioning fails when your HDD gets screwed so it's best to go backup on another device.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Do you use any special settings for CIS or just the default settings?

You should give Sandboxie try, really useful when opening to unknown/suspicious apps or going to shady sites (not that you should do that ..but it happens:p)
Watch the below video with Sandboxie at work :

Virtualization:
Sandboxie (Free/Paid) - link
Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.

FrontPageAnimation.gif

FrontPageLegend.png

Last edited:

House_maniac

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 21, 2011
Avast internet security suite vs comodo internet security suite

i wanted to know if you had to choose between these two products which one will you go with? :)

darkelixa

Jul 3, 2011
RE: Avast internet security suite vs comodo internet security suite

Depends on a few things really. Do you like to configure rules for your firewall- comodo? Both have sandbox, both have firewall, avast has a faster virus scanner. Both use low ram and avast has a sexy chick, I go avast for pure install and forget

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

Comodo Internet Security because it's free and you get alot of good features out of Comodo. Plus I have seen Comodo and Avast for that matter done well in the test that I have done and the tests that I have seen other people have done and both of them have come out good, but Comodo get my vote because it's free, and I like to tend to stick with free software.

D

Deleted member 178

I choose CIS because i can tweak everything on it, its firewall is almost industrial and its HIPS block almost everything.

P

Plexx

Depends really on the User.

Comodo can be a bit tricky to fully customize but Comodo's strong points is HIPS and Firewall.

I have used avast on another machine until I had some problems with updates etc. I suppose I could test run once again on my second config.

On my opinion: normal user = Avast; More knowledge user = Comodo; alternative to a power user = Avast + Comodo combo.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011

For easy use, I chose Avast Internet Security.
we start talking about the "firewall":
Avast firewall does not provide details. not like, Comodo Firewall.
I think, comodo firewall is devoted to a computer expert. but, now, several regular users can already use it. through the assistance of "comodo help" with a lot of explanations.
Then, I assess Comodo is very strong in defense + and firewall as well.

Now we are talking about antivirus engine:
on antivirus, they (comodo) not too so strong as avast for detection.

and, lastly, we talk about the features of both products:
on the features, we admit comodo internet security feels more detail, than avast internet security. that's why avast easy to use for all computer users.
for me: +1 to defense + and firewall on the comodo, and +1 for avast that is easy to use and better detection rates.

SO, I choose Avast Internet Security.

sorry, my words are too long to be read by you all. I want to give details of my reasons.

House_maniac

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 21, 2011

yea i know i've used avast in the past but i've switched to comodo,this year i really like it,but i wanted to try avast internet security suite,i use cis with enhanced protection and i switched off quarantine automatically because cis has lots of false positive compared to other suite,but personally i wanted to ask you in terms of detections which one is better?because as you know not every user face oday attack or copy paste malware links i don't say they can't be infected while browsing some sites,but avast too doesn't only rely on vdb it has a sandbox so when it comes to detection which one will make you feel safer?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.