House_maniac's config

House_maniac

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 21, 2011
Biozfear said:
I suggest you that while on BD 2013, you ensure to have things to do while doing a full system scan, like making lunch/dinner.

When I ran ESET, I actually had Parental and HIPS disabled. But that was just me :) It is something I do not recommend users to do unless they know what they are doing.
yea ive installed version 6 rc using it its lighter than v5 eset is doing great improvements!only thing they lack is a sandbox now compared to comodo and avast

P

Plexx

How much RAM was RC using?

Im still going to wait until a full release before having a test drive and crash into the obstacle that is called Game

House_maniac

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 21, 2011
N0YpM.png

i made an screenshot for ya but its light even through i guess ram is a bit high isn't it?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Has your computer been slow? (just a question)

P

Plexx

Nothing changed then.
Compared to Version 5 is pretty much about the same ram.

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
things i noticed between ESET 5 and ESET 6 are as follows
1) Redesigned GUI
2) Rearranged Advanced settings
3) Antitheft (not used yet)
4) IMPROVED FEATURES that were already present in v5
5) Added Idle state scanning (Disabled by default)
6) And i personally think the web protection is better than before
7) Firewall still a head ache to configure for some programs ( Just Bombard with a lot of alerts when using manually)

P

Plexx

I hate it HIPS still have the same default rule and configuration settings?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
That's what I wonder when I see 83 processes (including Chrome, and the others are in the background).

McLovin said:

House_maniac

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 21, 2011
McLovin said:
not at all its really light!i have an amd II 945 phenom quad i know its all but it doesnt slow the system at all! the ui has been redesigned but i prefer the taskbar icon in v5 this one looks dull

i went back to cis im used to it but i like to try other product from time to time :) btw my system isn't slow at all only slow down i felt was with the net when i tried bd2013!

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
House_maniac said:
btw my system isn't slow at all only slow down i felt was with the net when i tried bd2013!

Yeah, that is what I got from the 2011 version. Have not tried the latest yet, but if it's going to have the same problem and slow the machine down then there (to me) would be no point in testing it.

P

Plexx

some users reported BD slowing down the internet, others haven't. I didn't notice any slow down. But then again I was on BD 2013 AV only

House_maniac

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 21, 2011
Biozfear said:
some users reported BD slowing down the internet, others haven't. I didn't notice any slow down. But then again I was on BD 2013 AV only

on av you wont as i dont think it will scan http traffic isnt it?

House_maniac

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 21, 2011
McLovin said:
House_maniac said:
btw my system isn't slow at all only slow down i felt was with the net when i tried bd2013!

Yeah, that is what I got from the 2011 version. Have not tried the latest yet, but if it's going to have the same problem and slow the machine down then there (to me) would be no point in testing it.

yea i was using bd in 2009 2010 then i ditched it it became a resource hoger and firewall was slowing down the net and you could feel it that why i stopped but detection is really good in bd!

P

Plexx

House_maniac said:
Biozfear said:

Does have web protection. have a look at my BD review as well as here: http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/antivirus-comparison.html

House_maniac

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 21, 2011
Biozfear said:
House_maniac said:
Biozfear said:

Does have web protection. have a look at my BD review as well as here: http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/antivirus-comparison.html

ok i will check it and let you know :)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
House_maniac said:
yea i was using bd in 2009 2010 then i ditched it it became a resource hoger and firewall was slowing down the net and you could feel it that why i stopped but detection is really good in bd!

Yeah that is what happened but with the version that I was using it froze the machine that bad that I was not able to get into normal mode, had to go through safe mode and use it's uninstaller.

House_maniac

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 21, 2011

McLovin said:
House_maniac said:

Yeah that is what happened but with the version that I was using it froze the machine that bad that I was not able to get into normal mode, had to go through safe mode and use it's uninstaller.
yes i only try bd when it releases new version but it doesn't please me as i found many internet security suite to be better than it atleast for me :)

General computer knowledge: Advanced
Level of security risk: Low
Operating system: Windows 8 pro rtm
OS architecture: 64 bit
Non-admin account: No
Real-time protection: comodo internet security suite 5.12
On-demand scanners: malwarebyte.hitman pro,emsisoft 7 beta

House_maniac

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 21, 2011
i've added emsisoft 7 beta which i found good but truely the ui is not good for that software i wish some people could drop a word to the developper and tell them we are no more in 2000 its 2012 they should really get something smexy that fits it!

House_maniac

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 21, 2011
General computer knowledge: Advanced
Level of security risk: Low
Operating system: Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
OS architecture: 64 bit
Non-admin account: No
Real-time protection: comodo internet security suite 6 fully virtualize reg edit
On-demand scanners: malwarebyte.hitman pro

i've removed emsisoft i already have two on demand scanner

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.