House_maniac's config

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
RE: Avast internet security suite vs comodo internet security suite

which one will make you feel safer?
I chose CIS.
but, for easy to use and rely on your malware knowledge ,you can use avast internet security.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
RE: Avast internet security suite vs comodo internet security suite

Avast, all the way.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
House_maniac said:
avast kinda suck now compared to security suite

Hope we're talking of Avast Internet Security.

Could you expand onto why Avast "sucks" compared to CIS, KIS, NIS.

I'm interested to find out out. Cheers.

House_maniac

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 21, 2011
Earth said:
House_maniac said:
avast kinda suck now compared to security suite

Hope we're talking of Avast Internet Security.

Could you expand onto why Avast "sucks" compared to CIS, KIS, NIS.

I'm interested to find out out. Cheers.
it failed in several test recently,its not what it used to be.it was one of the antivirus that had very good detection but not now,so what i mean to say is that there are lot of security suite better in many aspects.just my 2 cents.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
House_maniac said:
it failed in several test recently,its not what it used to be.it was one of the antivirus that had very good detection but not now,so what i mean to say is that there are lot of security suite better in many aspects.just my 2 cents.

I kinda disagree, Avast is one or the best free AV out there. Yes sometimes it misses some, but it's not perfect. Also you could use Avast then maybe 1-2 a week you could use HitmanPro and or MalwareBytes, then you know that if Avast missed something MalwareBytes and HitmanPro will get it. Also Comodo is a great suite with the firewall and everything for free, but I would use Avast over Comodo and the rest for that matter only because you can install and leave and it's for advanced users. Totally up to you on what you think, I think I've said enough.

Thanks.

House_maniac

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 21, 2011
backed to comodo internet security suite :) but got to agree avast is not bad but i prefer cis autosandbox;)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Why didn't you use the Sandbox in AvastIS7? :huh:

House_maniac

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 21, 2011
Earth said:
Why didn't you use the Sandbox in AvastIS7? :huh:
i've used it ;) it kills the process if it failed to analyse the file,but like i said i prefer cis but avast is not a bad product,its really good,nice userfriendly skin,frequent updates, i've installed it on some friends pc as comodo would bug them with its hips ;)

House_maniac

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 21, 2011
changed to eset smart security version 5 trying it so far its nice and i like the way its displays notification :)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
House_maniac said:
changed to eset smart security version 5 trying it so far its nice and i like the way its displays notification :)

When I had ago at ESET I liked how it told what was happening.

P

Plexx

ESET is nice, apart from their HIPS. Policy based after learning mode of 14 or 28 days is my recommendation, instead of the other option, unless you want to be greeted with tons of popups for simply installing or uninstalling an application.

House_maniac

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 21, 2011
McLovin said:
House_maniac said:

When I had ago at ESET I liked how it told what was happening.

Biozfear said:
ESET is nice, apart from their HIPS. Policy based after learning mode of 14 or 28 days is my recommendation, instead of the other option, unless you want to be greeted with tons of popups for simply installing or uninstalling an application.

yes its really nice that the set up i use biozfear i tried all and ive put parental control off thanks guys :) btw i've tried bit defender 2013 too but i still get the prob that it slows down a bit your browsing.

P

Plexx

I suggest you that while on BD 2013, you ensure to have things to do while doing a full system scan, like making lunch/dinner.

When I ran ESET, I actually had Parental and HIPS disabled. But that was just me :) It is something I do not recommend users to do unless they know what they are doing.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.