Open MalwareTips in Safari and tap Share. You may need to open the Page Menu first.
Choose Add to Home Screen. If it is not listed, use Edit Actions to add it.
Keep Open as Web App enabled if shown, then tap Add.
Android
Open MalwareTips in Chrome or another browser that supports app installation.
Open the browser menu and look for Install app, Install and create shortcut, or Add to Home screen.
Choose Install and confirm. Wording varies by browser.
Desktop
Chrome: use the install icon in the address bar, or the menu under Cast, save and share.
Edge: open the menu, then More tools, Apps and Install this site as an app.
Safari on Mac: choose Share or File, then Add to Dock. Firefox on Windows: look for the web apps button in the address bar.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
Keep up with your conversations
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Thanks for sharing this link. It provides valuable information on file compression and its impact on SSD lifespan. It's important to note that while compression can increase write operations, modern SSDs are quite durable and the effect is typically minimal.
I used to archive years ago to save space but now that's not an issue & as time goes by I realise that SSD's probably last as long as rust spinners, I still archive often either to password protect or through habit, but the next SSD I use that wears out or fails will be the first one.
The effect of compressing/decompressing files on SSD lifespan is negligible, the compression and decompression happen in memory, performed by the CPU. In some more intense applications like games, compression can cause delays in loading. Most of the software already uses compression methods on resources.
I compacted (Compact.exe /CompactOS:always) Windows 11 came out to gain space on the C drive. Right after installation it saved 5-8 GB if I remember correctly. But it had some performance impact, so I stopped using it.
Currently I have a program/game named Universe Sandbox on my game drive which I very rarely open. It is the only thing that I compacted using the CompactGUI app. A 2.98 GB app became 1.81 GB. I don't think I have even opened the program since I compacted it.
Recently browsing
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes