Question How can I disable Applications from running on startup with HIPS?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Xeno1234

Level 14
Thread author
Jun 12, 2023
1686602782620.png
For a bit of Sandboxing, I have somewhat hardened HIPS. How can I remove the ability for things to run on startup via HIPS?

Xeno1234

Level 14
Thread author
Jun 12, 2023
For a bit of Sandboxing, I have somewhat hardened HIPS. Firstly, I utilize untrusted for anything that cant have a trust group determined, and then I also put anything I trust into Low Restricted to prevent it from doing anything malicious. I want to prevent things from running on startup via HIPS. How do I do that?

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
To prevent applications from running on startup through HIPS, you can create a rule in your HIPS configuration to block startup items. Here are the steps to create a rule:

1. Open the Kaspersky application and go to Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Threats and Exclusions -> Host Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS).
2. Click on the "Application Privilege Control" tab, and then click "Settings."
3. In the Settings window, click on the "Rules for application startup" tab.
4. Click "Add," and then choose "Block" as the rule action.
5. Enter a name for the rule (e.g. "Block startup items"), and then click "Next."
6. On the "Conditions" page, select "Application startup" as the trigger type.
7. Under "Rules," select "Startup task" and "Startup registry key."
8. Click "Next," and then choose the applications or groups of applications you want to block from starting up.
9. Click "Finish" to save the rule.

After creating this rule, any applications that match the conditions you defined will be blocked from starting up on your computer.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.