amirr

Level 7
As it says on Microsoft Edge Canary allows to keep cookies for specific sites when you close the browser

But when I clear the history of Edge ( not the cookies) it deletes the Allow list. Anyone having the same issue?
Here are my settings:
1592459321077.png

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 36
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Thank you,SMG, I did uncheck it. Also in edge://settings/clearBrowsingDataOnClose
Site permissions are turned off.
View attachment 242940
I think you have to add those sites where you want to keep your data in Site permissions / Cookies and site data at Allow:
You've allowed the following sites to save and read cookies on your device. Cookies for these sites won't be cleared when you exit the browser.
Aantekening 2020-06-18 160906.png

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 36
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
I added in another format, I deleted the [*.] and just put the URL. Is that a big deal?
View attachment 242990
That also works, but with for example for Wilders Security Forums wilderssecurity.com didn't work.
www.wilderssecurity.com works and [*.]wilderssecurity.com works.
malwaretips.com works and [*.]malwaretips.com works.
So, it depends on the website?

oldschool

Level 55
Verified
That also works, but with for example for Wilders Security Forums wilderssecurity.com didn't work.
www.wilderssecurity.com works and [*.]wilderssecurity.com works.
malwaretips.com works and [*.]malwaretips.com works.
So, it depends on the website?
I visit the site and check in "See all cookies and site data" which cookie has been set and use that. This has worked well on the few cookies I save, without using wildcards.

Last edited: