Advice Request How do you remove YT ads and google consent cookies options with UBo?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

floalma

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Apr 5, 2015
Hi,
Since a few days, I got on google.com, this damned google consent for cookies options windows appearing and I can't remove with UBO in firefox.

I tried different filters lists and also tried with the zapper mode and picker mode without success.

The same with Youtube ads, I can't remove them. I really appreciated your help to fix theses issues. Thanks !

Attachments

• google.png
    google.png
    137.9 KB · Views: 623
  • filter list.png
    filter list.png
    103.8 KB · Views: 676
Last edited:

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Hi,
Since a few days, I got on google.com, this damned google consent for cookies options windows appearing and I can't remove with UBO in firefox.

I tried different filters lists and also tried with the zapper mode and picker mode without success.

The same with Youtube ads, I can't remove them. I really appreciated your help to fix theses issues. Thanks !

First things 1st you have ublock configured wrong I'll post a demo off how ublock should be operated, next after i show you how plz don't go back to your old ways.
Please start with Ublock Origin default filters so that i can guide you to your destination.
Image 1 and 2 is for playing videos on youtube.
Image 3 and 4 is the filters for the subscription page if you are signed in.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    49.3 KB · Views: 800
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    51.4 KB · Views: 776
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    47.3 KB · Views: 655
  • 4.PNG
    4.PNG
    48 KB · Views: 617
Last edited:

floalma

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Apr 5, 2015
@Terry Ganzi
I forgot to mention that I'm using Umatrix with UBO. My Umatrix settings, cookies and frame in red, disabled. ;)

I've just tried with your settings and I can tell you that only thing that I forgot was to 'enable cosmetic filters'. My UBO and UM settings was good except the 'cosmetic filters' was wrong because I changed depending on the visiting site. I remind that I never had such troubles until a few days ago. In Europe, Google has been condemned for ads intrusion recently. Sorry for my bad english. Since this time, I have always the troubles with google cookies consent window even before making a search, only when google is loaded.

What about google cookies (consent) options windows (attached screenshots in my previous message) ?

Last edited:
Reactions: [correlate]

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Well as you are using umatrix I'll post 3 images the first 1 will be for you cookie query the other 3 is umatrix configured for youtube,just block everything I block and allow everything I allow and you will be safe.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    35.2 KB · Views: 673
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    49.2 KB · Views: 663
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    57.2 KB · Views: 614
  • 4.PNG
    4.PNG
    49.8 KB · Views: 621

floalma

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Apr 5, 2015
@Terry Ganzi
Do you have by default all the columns in red except CSS in UM for all the domains names or you do it at your convenience as for your YT UM customized settings ?
Are you using UM with these settings along with UBO settings ? IMO, if yes, you should enable third party frames (not in red color) because your frames are in red in UM.

floalma

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Apr 5, 2015
Here a few screenshots, Terry.

I will come back on tomorrow.

Attachments

• UBO1.png
    UBO1.png
    30.2 KB · Views: 535
  • UBO2.png
    UBO2.png
    29.9 KB · Views: 449
  • UM1.png
    UM1.png
    61.2 KB · Views: 409
  • UM2.png
    UM2.png
    51.6 KB · Views: 403
  • Search on YT.png
    Search on YT.png
    87 KB · Views: 426

floalma

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Apr 5, 2015
Yes, I know that but for which reasons you block 3rd party frames in UBO and in UM ? One block either in UBO either in UM is enough.
Coul you please give me an answer to my first question here

If you check all of my post 3rd party frames are blocked.
3rd party are only allowed if its required. If they are not needed they remain blocked.

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Can you please do as i showed you otherwise you will run into difficulties, Your config is totally wrong so you must encounter problems, and for Ublock these two in the image i will post should always be noop for ublock and allow for umatrix. where youtube is involved.

Attachments

• 5.PNG
    5.PNG
    12.5 KB · Views: 445

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Yes, I know that but for which reasons you block 3rd party frames in UBO and in UM ? One block either in UBO either in UM is enough.
Coul you please give me an answer to my first question here

I always block them and never encountered no problems not even slow web pages opening. Just trust me configure both as I showed you once youtube is working then you can make changes to your taste.

floalma

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Apr 5, 2015
If you check my UBO and UM, I don't have r2---sn-

Can you please do as i showed you otherwise you will run into difficulties, Your config is totally wrong so you must encounter problems, and for Ublock these two in the image i will post should always be noop for ublock and allow for umatrix. where youtube is involved.

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
If you check my UBO and UM, I don't have r2---sn-

As you keep watching more and more videos you will realize that some will not show and when you go to check and see why 1 of those will be the culprit.
Once all 2 are nooped on ublock and allowed on umatrix, all videos will show without any problems.
Just double check all of my images that i have posted and you will be good.

Last edited:

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
@Terry Ganzi

Could you post the uMatrix rules as text? Thst would be much easier to copy for me.I use uMatrix on demand with block all (except CSS, image and media) and matrix-off is true for everything.

I see you block CSS and media for spefic domains in this setup, so that is the only thing I have to add to your rules (since your default block all does not seem to have allow exception for media)

Thanks in advance.

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
@Terry Ganzi

Could you post the uMatrix rules as text? Thst would be much easier to copy for me.I use uMatrix on demand with block all (except CSS, image and media) and matrix-off is true for everything.

I see you block CSS and media for spefic domains in this setup, so that is the only thing I have to add to your rules (since your default block all does not seem to have allow exception for media)

Thanks in advance.
I have posted everything so I don't overstand what rules you need me to post as text, if its filters you meant they came from filterlist web site and some from wilders ublock thread. And everything was posted as images here in this thread for all to see. And I do not have any default block all in umatrix that description is total false as the images show, and css is allowed globally any blocks in css is hand picked, so please check all umatrix images again because your claims are false. Explain to me what is default block all in umatrix that I have.
As any one can see in post Add bookmark
#4 or #15 that I carefully hand pick what is needed media on most sites aren't needed, css is needed but are you going to allow everything if some isn't required?
Well i try to shut down most of that so my browsing continues lightning fast, I encounter no slow down, never and hopefully ever.

And we can't be discussing this on this thread at lease let me help this person first or open a new thread champ. @ Lenny_Fox

Last edited:

rain2reign

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2020
In regards to the "Google consent popup" notification, it is possible to hide the popup on Google.[*] using uBlock Origin. Dont know about youtube ads, as its done by filterlists for me. But first you have to know that you cant test out whether the method i use works every time you open Google, that is because Google does not show it every time you use their search engine. One time it shows, the other it doesn't and sometimes 3 times in a row if you auto remove cookies when closing the browser.

I use the following code, aka filters, in the 'My Filters' tab in uBlock Origin:
Code:
! Google - hide consent popup notice and restores scroll function.
google.*##.wwYr3.aID8W.bErdLd
google.*##.aID8W.m114nf.t7xA6
google.*##div[jsname][jsaction^="dg_close"]
google.*##html:style(overflow: visible !important;)
google.*##.widget-consent-fullscreen.widget-consent

The first two lines block, well cosmetically remove should be more accurate i think, the notification (text) and it's popup background. The Following three lines restore the website's scrolling functions as that is a separate layer itself underneath the popup notification. If you just use the first two lines, than you will only see the first page partially with the browser scroll function disabled. Since it's technically thinking the popup notification is still shown and visible. The asterisk wildcard * symbol is in place to make sure the code works on all Google TLD's (.com, .nl, .ca, etc..).

Give it a go once you start seeing the popup, than add the code and refresh to see if that it's gone/hidden. If it doesnt, i will look into it when i get the popup by disabling the mentioned code. I hope this helps people out there looking for a 'quick fix' for this annoyance using uBlock Origin.

Sidenote: i tried several filterlists before diving into it myself, but none actually hid for me....

Last edited:

floalma

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Apr 5, 2015
@Terry Ganzi

I've just tried your UBO and UM settings for youtube.

About Youtube with your settings :

1. ads images don't appears but the ads is still alive with a countdown timer appears at the left bottom of the video
2.I noticed that the the thumbnails of the videos from the suggestion list have disappeared.
3.No results displayed when making a YT search

Questions about UM:
1.All, cookie, image, media, script, XHR (fetch in your UM version), frame and other are always in RED, is this settings for all the sites and then you unblock what you need for your own purposes ?

2.For me RED means block, you said I have to allow images but I can see that for youtube, you block images too, by default, then you unblock the ones you need it ?

PS: See my Adblock tester with my customized settings before modifying with your settings.

@rain2reign I will try it

Attachments

• Adblocker results.png
    Adblocker results.png
    90.7 KB · Views: 395
  • ads youtube.png
    ads youtube.png
    82.8 KB · Views: 379
  • make a YT search.png
    make a YT search.png
    39.4 KB · Views: 555

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.