• Bad

• Verybad

Results are only viewable after voting.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I got an F rating but of course with different justification.

My setup is only Windows Defender and Adguard Origin but how I managed to steer away on possible attacks? Simply through browsing habits, you can survive within long term especially if your work goes on cycle like programming only.

On the other hand, it's important to check the ratings regularly if located like within enterprise so to ensure the corrective measures against attacks.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Thinking it's a load of crap in some areas - one of the tests was where it downloads an exe file from a 'reputable site' - I have VS and VS did absolutely nothing!

@frogboy being in AUS I wonder if they are practicing strict dns ip filtering and maybe a little packet filtering on the side too... :) I guess at least part of the answer could be in here somewhere:

Internet censorship in Australia - Wikipedia

Seems clear they are doing something in AUS more than at least here in the US.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
@frogboy being in AUS I wonder if they are practicing strict dns ip filtering and maybe a little packet filtering on the side too... :) I guess at least part of the answer could be in here somewhere:

Internet censorship in Australia - Wikipedia

Seems clear they are doing something in AUS more than at least here in the US.
It could be something like that. I am just not sure why I did so well in the test. ;):confused:

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
I got A. Some disadvantages though:
  • Website is not encrypted and more suspectible to MITM if someone gains access
  • Since I use Windows firewall, firefox or other web browsers require full access to both incoming and outgoing traffic, @Umbra any advice to configure ff or edge like that.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Capture.PNG

I got A. It seems ublock with some filters blocked everything, avira didn't even have to do the job
only these failed:
Fail. You can access websites in countries that are embargoed by the United States and the European Union, such as North Korea. This test usually fails because your security infrastructure cannot block Internet connections by geography.
Fail. Your current system allows the outbound transmission of sensitive data such as credit card numbers. It should both detect and block this type of data loss. Many security and compliance systems are deployed in Tap mode and detect, but do not block, the leakage of sensitive information outside of your organization.
Fail. Your current system allows the outbound transmission of sensitive data such as US Social Security numbers. It should both detect and block this type of data loss. Many security and compliance systems are deployed in Tap mode and detect, but do not block, the leakage of sensitive information outside of your organization.
Fail. Your current system allows the outbound transmission of sensitive data such as software code. It should both detect and block this type of data loss. Many security and compliance systems are deployed in Tap mode and detect, but do not block, the leakage of sensitive information outside of your organization.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
uBlock seems to have absolutely no influence here for me, got the same result with it enabled (defalut), enabled (tweaked) and disabled.
nope, the difference is from the filters we added
I added several filters and when I checked the log of uBO, I saw a lot of blocked entries (uBO said these were blocked by my custom filters)

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
botnet test and others don't affect with adblocker.
figure it out. because my uBO blocked this website, if you allow it, you will fail against botnet but if you block it, you will pass
http://d36vlfy0df5iql.cloudfront.net/dlp.php?_sm_au_c=iaV161SpvWV2Nq5s0c&PHPSESSID=n45eqdvc0430ej0kipkb5oah75&cook=AWSELB=F93BE3F70A389AC4FB0356D0B711E7CFFBB62547362602D7ED9FA643B7245262559673DD3F329AF471FB3C05CE31F274512D4EC96E658DFD80F935B35E1E3A06D5FCFBC33C;%20PHPSESSID=0gk50hl5cjqgsjcrp02nre4jo6&_=1499451124495

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.