Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
Ways to figure out this test is real or it's not::p
I think it's not fake.

1-Run the test without any extension on chrome. maybe ABS blocked the test file or that link but it doesn't mean Avira extension can protect ppl against botnet attack lol I guess these extensions Interrupts the test processes

2-Run the test once with a security software that can protect against botnet like ESET Endpoint Security and then see the results will change? or nah?

3-Run the test while using a software that can protect against Data Theft and then see the results will change or no.
FREE Data Loss Prevention & MDM, AutoRun Disable - Endpoint Protector ®

Warrior

Level 4
Verified
Sep 2, 2014
Evjl's Rain is correct ran a retest with Mozilla Firefox and Opera Browser same software uBlock Origin Emsisoft Anti-Malware Windows Firewall Control Voodoo Shield uBlock using the same filter-list
Opera Browser ( A )
Firefox ( C )
tests your adblockers, browser's built-in malicious link filters and web filters (from AVs or from adguard/adfender)

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
As far as it got is this:
View attachment 158978
I won't allow JS for any of my browsers, so this is exactly the result I expected. ;)
It was only good to me for the fact that it verified that I had JS on lock down .
The rest (to me) is garbage ;)
Had it been able to proceed I would have been very disappointed.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Thank you Sunshine-boy for this fun test!;)

With JS allowed, I run this fun test (12 seconds on each browser) on various browsers.
Chrome forks: Slimjet, Iron, Cent .. and Opera too - with following extensions in each one:

ContentBlockHelper (Allowed items: zscaler.com, cloudflare.com, googleapis.com, cloudfront.net. 10 others blocked.
Script Blocker for Chrome (Allowed: securitypreview.zscaler.com only; 6 others blocked, dont googletagmanager.com blacklisted.
ScriptSafe (idem, dont googletagmanager.com Deny Distrust)
ZenMate Web Firewall.

Firefox, Pale Moon (New Moon), SeaMonkey - with 'RequestPolicy Continued' add-on (Allowed destination - zscaler.com only; other items (14) are blocked natively by this add-on.

Results in all browsers: Threat Prevention: A : 0 Failled, 12 Passed.:) Data Protection: High Risk, 3 Failled, 0 Passed ...

googletagmanager.com script is in EasyPrivacy list as a tracking issue .. it has the evil habit to restart in allow mode, so I made it blacklisted, distrust ...

fun

Edit: my English corrections ...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

Thank you Sunshine-boy for this fun test!;)

With JS allowed, I run this fun test (12 seconds on each browser) on various browsers.
Chrome forks: Slimjet, Iron, Cent .. and Opera too - with following extensions in each one:

ContentBlockHelper (Allowed items: zscaler.com, cloudflare.com, googleapis.com, cloudfront.net. 10 others blocked.
Script Blocker for Chrome (Allowed: securitypreview.zscaler.com only; 6 others blocked, dont googletagmanager.com blacklisted.
ScriptSafe (idem, dont googletagmanager.com Deny Distrust)
ZenMate Web Firewall.

Firefox, Pale Moon (New Moon), SeaMonkey - with 'RequestPolicy Continued' add-on (Allowed destination - zscaler.com only; other items (14) are blocked natively by this add-on.

Results in all browsers: Threat Prevention: A : 0 Failled, 12 Passed.:) Data Protection: High Risk, 3 Failled, 0 Passed ...

googletagmanager.com script is in EasyPrivacy list as a tracking issue .. it has the evil habit to restart in allow mode, so I made it blacklisted, distrust ...

fun

Edit: my English corrections ...
WOW! @Prorootect ! where have you been ! i missed your sometimes weird but interesting posts :p

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Yes, I have the same results on Chromium forks, with only these two ScriptSafe and ZenMate Web Firewall, but two other script blockers are necessary for me, I like them very much.
All.

Umbra, I'm always here, you don't see me, please? - Thank you!

brod56 wrote on Page 5: "Its still somehow awful for me, how could I have an F with WD, VS, updated OS and browser? Do I need to use openDNS, a VPN or something else?"
-- yes brod56 something else, use these two ScriptSafe and ZenMate Web Firewall and you're good .. if not more like me

Last edited:

Danielx64

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 24, 2017
upload_2017-10-28_15-36-44.png

How does this happen?

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
right or wrongful...

I think we can answer this test in two different ways: one right and the other wrongful.
We can cut off the delivery routes, or forbid delivery itself.

A single rightful answer is: Prohibit delivery itself.

My above answer to this test is unfortunately wrong, misguided, I think. Because I have cut off the delivery paths with help from my extensions, which have banned delivery links (natively ..).
One can easily imagine, that malware makers can pass their evil delivery by other paths...

Zscaler is a very serious company, which I've known for a long time and they have my great esteem.
And their test must also be serious, I think.

Edit: two Zscaler links for you:
Zscaler.com: Home Page
Zscaler Security Research Blog: Security Research Blog

Last edited:
Reactions: Sunshine-boy

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.