Results are only viewable after voting.

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
nope, the difference is from the filters we added
I added several filters and when I checked the log of uBO, I saw a lot of blocked entries (uBO said these were blocked by my custom filters)

I have custom filters too and still the same result as with default settings.
Can you specify which filters blocked those entries for me to check if they are added here?

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I have custom filters too and still the same result as with default settings.
Can you specify which filters blocked those entries for me to check if they are added here?
I passed a lot of test because I had the filter: uBO-Personal-Filters (can be downloaded from filterlists.com)
the trick is, this filter blocked ||cloudfront.net^, this website uses cloudfront to store their testing tools

if I disabled uBO-Personal-Filters, immediately, I got C instead of A
therefore, the test is quite irrelevant for me at least because it's like I was cheating :p
Capture.PNG

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
I passed a lot of test because I had the filter: uBO-Personal-Filters (can be downloaded from filterlists.com)
the trick is, this filter blocked ||cloudfront.net^, this website uses cloudfront to store their testing tools

therefore, the test is quite irrelevant for me at least because it's like I was cheating :p
View attachment 158989

Thats interesting, that filter helped me going from F to C :)
Its still somehow awful for me, how could I have an F with WD, VS, updated OS and browser? Do I need to use openDNS, a VPN or something else?

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Its still somehow awful for me, how could I have an F with WD, VS, updated OS and browser? Do I need to use openDNS, a VPN or something else?

I first tested with a C, but using openDNS improved that for adult content. You might improve with openDNS.

Incidently, also got a C testing with Windscribe. Same results as testing with my original DNS Level 3. I am using uBlock and PrivacyBadger and then https everywhere.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Thats interesting, that filter helped me going from F to C :)
I found 2 filters that made my score high: Fanboy’s Enhanced Tracking List & EasyPrivacy

the problem with this test is it doesn't really download or open anything
for example, if I disabled uBO, I got F because the browser failed to protect against some downloaded files(but there was no indication of files being downloaded). I looked at uBO log and manually opened the links to the tests I failed, they were blocked by avira browser safety, all of them, except botnet and 1 more
I allowed them to run through avira, they could be downloaded (it means google safe browsing didn't block them)
this means avira browser safety can block a lot of downloaded malwares but because the test doesn't download anything so avira can't block

F

ForgottenSeer 55474

AV:Bitdefender Total Security 2017.Malware:Malwarebytes Anti Malware 3 Premium,Zemana Anti Malware Premium,SUPERantispyware Professional,HitmanPro.
Lastpass password manager premium.
VPN:Ekspressvpn,Surfeasy Ultra Vpn,Private internet Access Pro,Windscribe Pro.
Voodooshield Pro.

:):D:oops:

Reactions: frogboy

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
this test is logic when we don't use any extension...and we shouldn't if we want to see the real score

Andytay70

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015

View attachment 158989

:eek:The mushroom has cheated!

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
I found 2 filters that made my score high: Fanboy’s Enhanced Tracking List & EasyPrivacy

for example, if I disabled uBO, I got F because the browser failed to protect against some downloaded files(but there was no indication of files being downloaded). I looked at uBO log and manually opened the links to the tests I failed, they were blocked by avira browser safety, all of them, except botnet and 1 more
I allowed them to run through avira, they could be downloaded (it means google safe browsing didn't block them)
this means avira browser safety can block a lot of downloaded malwares but because the test doesn't download anything so avira can't block

Nice, added Fanboy's filter and got A :D
Still, very abstract test, doesn't really download anything as you point out.

F

ForgottenSeer 19494

This test is stupid.
Fail. Your security solution allows executable file downloads from a CDN website, which may make you vulnerable to malware - yeah, of course it will not block downloads, no matter if they are from CDN or not. It's job is not to block downloads.
Fail. Criminals can steal your browser cookies, which means they can impersonate you, hijack your web sessions and possibly infiltrate your online accounts. - This is browser's job, to conform to the same-origin policy. Security products have nothing to do with this.
Fail. A compromised website can inject malicious code into your web browser, potentially leading to the theft of sensitive information such as passwords or session keys. - This should be rephrased to "can inject potentially malicious code". Because JavaScript is enabled. JavaScript being enabled is job of the browser setting, not the security solution.
Fail. You're vulnerable to the Zbot virus, an older and well-documented threat that can be downloaded throughout your network environment. If your system missed Zbot, it's likely you are vulnerable to a wide range of viruses. Yeah, sure. Vulnerable to brand new malware maybe, vulnerable to Zbot... i doubt any reputable provider does not have a specific signature for the well reverse-engineered Zbot.
Access control is something which is a right, there is no need for products to block this.
Fail. Your current system allows the outbound transmission of sensitive data such as credit card numbers. It should both detect and block this type of data loss. Many security and compliance systems are deployed in Tap mode and detect, but do not block, the leakage of sensitive information outside of your organization. - I can post my debit card data in a browser, yes. Everyone can. The problem would be if you have a keylogger, which is something different.
Fail. Your current system allows the outbound transmission of sensitive data such as software code. It should both detect and block this type of data loss. Many security and compliance systems are deployed in Tap mode and detect, but do not block, the leakage of sensitive information outside of your organization. - yeah, git push Zscaler out of here.

ozone

Level 3
Verified
Jan 17, 2017
uBO 3rd party block + My Filters: ||securitypreview.zscaler.com/dlp.php$xmlhttprequest,domain=securitypreview.zscaler.com
= triple zeroes :D

still I have to disable and configure few extensions and Adguard desktop and mainly enable javascript to make that test even work

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016

Thanks for the useful info. I have Avira browser safety (plus VS pro, Zemana antilogger pro, Norton Connectsafe, Panda av) so that means anyone who is using ABS is actually protected, but because of the way this test operates you would have no idea this was the case, unless people like yourself look a bit deeper into what is actually going on.

As others have said, as far as I'm concerned this test is a complete waste of time.

D

Deleted member 178

figure it out. because my uBO blocked this website, if you allow it, you will fail against botnet but if you block it, you will pass
http://d36vlfy0df5iql.cloudfront.net/dlp.php?_sm_au_c=iaV161SpvWV2Nq5s0c&PHPSESSID=n45eqdvc0430ej0kipkb5oah75&cook=AWSELB=F93BE3F70A389AC4FB0356D0B711E7CFFBB62547362602D7ED9FA643B7245262559673DD3F329AF471FB3C05CE31F274512D4EC96E658DFD80F935B35E1E3A06D5FCFBC33C;%20PHPSESSID=0gk50hl5cjqgsjcrp02nre4jo6&_=1499451124495
so totally stupid test :rolleyes:

Botnet isn't just about the C&C but that your system was compromised by a RAT.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I got an A :D

Did not turn off any adblocker or add any additional filters

Using

uBlock Origin (turn on all filters except language filters) + uBlock Origin Extra
Avira Browser Safety
BitDefender TrafficLight
ScriptSafe
Privacy Badger
EAM
ZAM Pro
VS free
HMPA
AppGuard
Windscribe double-hop
Simple DNSCrypt
Ungoogled Chromium

Access Control fails 1 vulnerability
- How do you perform on a test that checks whether you can visit websites in countries embargoed by the United States and/or European Union?

Data Protection fails 3 vulnerabilities
- How do you perform on a test that checks if you can leak sensitive information such as credit card numbers?
- How do you perform on a test that checks if you can leak sensitive information such as US Social Security numbers?
-
How do you perform on a test that checks if you can leak sensitive intellectual property (such as source code)?

It says Data Protection is high risk!

:eek:

So how to make the tests a perfect score?

Last edited:
Reactions: AtlBo and frogboy

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.