Advice Request How is Trend Micro 2022 doing these days?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Zartarra

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 9, 2019
Do you have a link to any recent tests? More curious since I let TM web filtering run on my router.
I tested it last year. 2 tests with malwarelinks (in February and November) and 3 tests with phishing links (in Februari, June and November). Each test contains between 500 and 1500 links. Trend Micro blocked around 85% of the links. The protection against the phishinglinks was 93%, the malwarelinks 77%.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018

"Trend Micro is aware of an potential issue where customers who apply the optional Microsoft Windows 11 or Windows 2022 optional preview patches (KB5014019) and reboot would then find that the Trend Micro UMH driver would stop."

The known issue affects the User Mode Hooking (UMH) component used by several Trend Micro endpoint solutions, including Apex One 2019, Worry-Free Business Security Advanced 10.0, Apex One as a Service 2019, Deep Security 20.0, Deep Security 12.0, and Worry-Free Business Security Services 6.7.

The Japanese cybersecurity company is now working on a fix to address this issue before the update previews are pushed to all Windows customers as part of the June 2022 Patch Tuesday.

Zartarra

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 9, 2019
Trend seems to be improved. With some new samples it missed 38 of 340. Detection agains malware links was also much better. It also scored > 90% this time.

Reactions: amico81

Numeriku

Level 2
Verified
Mar 13, 2022
I know this is about trend micro PC, what do you guys think about trend micro mobile, my isp offers it for $1.50 per month.

Reactions: upnorth

gery79

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
if it has vpn included then get it if not there are better and cheaper alternatives with vpn included.....AVAST AVG

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.