Advice Request How many MalwareTips members are using Kaspersky 2016?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Are you using Kaspersky right now?

• Yes, I'm using Kaspersky Total Security 2016

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Yes, I'm using Kaspersky Internet Security 2016

Votes: 19 19.8%
  • Yes, I'm using Kaspersky Antivirus 2016

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • I have tried Kaspersky 2016, however I'm using another security product right now

Votes: 45 46.9%
  • I have never used any Kaspersky 2016 products

Votes: 21 21.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

carl fish

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Mar 6, 2012
I was wondering how many people use Kaspersky 2016 that are on MalwareTips? I was also wanting to ask if had any problems when trying to renew it. If you aren't using Kaspersky, why aren't you?

Last edited by a moderator:

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
To renew, for India for example, just go to Kaspersky global site, then online-shop -> select Your country -> and then in India site I'm watching directly a link with renew option on the left... so, in a few clicks You can access.

I don't think Kaspersky forum moderators have that attitude, in fact I'm Mod there for Spanish users :D

Last edited:
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

I voted "I have tried Kaspersky.." i was using Kaspersky Small Office Security more than 2 years on my 3 other family member laptops who is working from home. I have replaced KSOS this year with other product, It was too heavy, everything felt slugish and price for renewal is just bs. Other than that, no complaints, i would try Kaspersky products in future.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
My vote was "I have tried Kaspersky..".
At home, we'd installed Kaspersky (trial) once because at that time we were searching for a worthy replacement AV/or Security Suite to ESET NOD 32. This was not (technically) version 2016, and was approx. 2 years ago. The reason we did not remain with Kaspersky, then, was an incompatibility with Windows 7 SP 1 on our Vaio lap top. Now, we are using Windows 10 systems on (2) computers, and with open attitudes, we would try Kaspersky once more with optimism.:)

ravi prakash saini

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 22, 2015
To renew, for India for example, just go to Kaspersky global site, then online-shop -> select Your country -> and then in India site I'm watching directly a link with renew option on the left... so, in a few clicks You can access.

I don't think Kaspersky forum moderators have that attitude, in fact I'm Mod there for Spanish users :D
Sir ,renew option is there but it takes you nowhere after checking the key it is back to square one I have also tried it through my kaspersky account.
I am talking about Mod for English user since I am not fortunate enough to have learn Spanish
P.S. I do not know why but all my systems love kaspersky,it has always been the lightest AV on my systems out of all the security softwares from Russia to America

Last edited:

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I voted: I have tried Kaspersky 2016, however I'm using another security product right now
KIS was light when I used it. I just wanted to explore other security software. I might come back to it sooner or later.

Regarding K Mods, one of them is, for me, "insensitive". He's very strict with forum rules, that he wants you to confine yourself in a box, and then when you go out, you're out completely. That's just my feeling, though. :D
@harlan4096 is one of the K mods I only like.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I have used the 2015 version just to test and I found it very heavy on my system (for my taste)
I prefer lighter more user friendly security software, I have no intention of installing
2016 version. I too rather employ EmsiSoft, its lighter and more accurate with the
BD engine.
PeAcE

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I have used kaspersky for 6 years but when I tried to renew it ,the web page showed no option to renew it. There support was of no use and their forum is infested with moderator having "I am always right attitude" so I have switched over to emsisoft
if you ever have any problem, just ask harlan, either here on MT, or on kaspersky forum. He's the man.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Sir ,renew option is there but it takes you nowhere after checking the key it is back to square one I have also tried it through my kaspersky account.
I am talking about Mod for English user since I am not fortunate enough to have learn Spanish
P.S. I do not know why but all my systems love kaspersky,it has always been the lightest AV on my systems out of all the security softwares from Russia to America
harlan speaks english. he has helped me many times in english language.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I have used it, and I liked it, but I switched because it doesn't always combine so successfully with other security products, and also because I found Trusted Applications Mode a bit hard to handle.
It is very solid protection, and does not cause slow-down on windows 10.

Xtwillight

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2014
My Vote: "I have never used any Kaspersky 2016 product"
Why:
Since 2009 is Kaspersky AV / IS getting bigger and technically complex
Problems with drivers and games
to Deeply integrated in the OS, If error pass there are Difficulties these to fix.

My Secure: Emsi IS and Malwarebytes pro

ravi prakash saini

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 22, 2015
Maybe an issue with the site? anyway probably You can buy also licenses in Amazon a good/better price and no need to be a renewed ones.
As per price is concerned it is availble at much cheaper price at shops then any online store it is their customer support that forced me out

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.