Advice Request How many MT users are using COMODO security products?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Are you a COMODO user?

• Yes

Votes: 86 43.7%
  • I have tried Comodo, however I'm not using it

Votes: 93 47.2%
  • No, I have never tried a Comodo product

Votes: 18 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Hello,

I would like to make a few quick questions about comodo

1/ How many of you are really using comodo (CIS, CF, CCAV)?
2/ what settings are you using? Minimal tweaks or many tweaks? Could you please share it? How stable and how annoying are they?
3/ What should I change other than CS's settings on her video?

Thank you :)

Jashin

Level 1
Verified
Nov 27, 2016
Hello.Im using comodo firewall and panda free av.
Comodo FW settings from cruelsister
Panda Free AV settings: default. I also have the panda toolbar.
I have tested this combo a lot and the system remained clean.
I picked panda because its very light. I tried Qihoo but it was heavy and i saw an article about stolen data or something whatever. So i deleted it and installed panda.
Althought with cruelsister's settings u dont really need av but i wanted one :)

PS: In my opinion Panda is underrated product BUT if you try it for yourself you will see its pretty good.

Last edited:

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
I really liked the concept of CIS and CCAV, but the fact they still haven't fixed most of stupid nonsense in it, they are entirely incapable of sorting out their Valkyrie service and just their arrogance at receiving critical feedback makes me not want to use their crap. So much potential, all ruined because of their stupid behavior. A real shame.

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
RejZor- Totally forget about the AV-Valkyrie nonsense! The strength of the product is the auto-sandbox which is superb. If you consider the people responsible for the product dopes, why should you care? It doesn't detract from the protection and you aren't going to marry them. Just make believe the AV, Valkyrie, HUPS, the forum, and the CEO do not exist.

Oh, and there is one tweak that I do and never mention (trivial, really). In the Sandbox settings I untick the "Do Not Virtualize access to" setting. This will protect the Downloads folder from ransomware.

S

Sr. Normal 2.0

CIS in my XP laptop because XP´s Firewall is, to put it gently, a product that needs improvement. Privatefirewall is discontinued, ZoneAlarm is a bit heavy for my old laptop, so I thought it was the best option considering consumption / performance

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Just switcht from SecureAPlus( still almost 2 year left on the premium code) to CF. its like a old love, used the 5er version so long and i never can forget comodo.. the protection is just outstanding with the autosandbox. i use the firewall with zemana antimalware (realtime), its lighter on my machine than any other full suite. i realy like it.

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Recently switched to Comodo Firewall, mostly with @cruelsister suggestions, Auto-Sanbox on, HIPS off, Viruscope off, and some additional tweaks, im also using Comodo KillSwitch, i like it a lot and not planning to use different firewall anytime soon. Now about bad things about Comodo in my experience, to say it short, signatures are bad, HIPS is noisy and you could easily compromite your system if you make wrong decision.. about rules dissapearing, i haven't experienced that myself, so cannot comment. Well, i wouldn't suggest anyone using CF who is "new" to using 3rd party firewalls for windows.

Hector1

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 4, 2015
I use CF with Qihoo 360 and It's awesome Combo. I use qihoo from 3 years on varius pc (all my family's PC) and in very effective AV, and thanks to Cruelsister I start this year with Comodo Firewall with only autosandbox (plus browser in sanbox). Not a single problem, all is smooth in my W10 laptop ;)

I do regular scan with Qihoo and Zemana and not a single virus, PUP or other problem.

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
Just switcht from SecureAPlus( still almost 2 year left on the premium code) to CF. its like a old love, used the 5er version so long and i never can forget comodo.. the protection is just outstanding with the autosandbox. i use the firewall with zemana antimalware (realtime), its lighter on my machine than any other full suite. i realy like it.

I frankly really like SecureAPlus. It's also default deny, but it's far more convenient and with multiple engines, I always make decisions easier. With CIS, throwing app into sandbox it's in the end decision entirely down to you to trust it. Which sucks.

Jashin

Level 1
Verified
Nov 27, 2016
RejZor- Totally forget about the AV-Valkyrie nonsense! The strength of the product is the auto-sandbox which is superb. If you consider the people responsible for the product dopes, why should you care? It doesn't detract from the protection and you aren't going to marry them. Just make believe the AV, Valkyrie, HUPS, the forum, and the CEO do not exist.

Oh, and there is one tweak that I do and never mention (trivial, really). In the Sandbox settings I untick the "Do Not Virtualize access to" setting. This will protect the Downloads folder from ransomware.
so we untick the first box, right? And this will protect the download folder??

Attachments

• Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης (10).png
    Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης (10).png
    74.6 KB · Views: 574
D

Deleted member 2913

Currently not using CFW as my personal laptop is kinda damaged And not on my family systems as not suitable for average users.

I have mostly used CFW with no AV, no 3rd party AV, no additional realtime security, etc...
My setup was mostly -
Customize the GUI/Appearance stuffs like Comodo messages, upgrade tab, sound notifications, etc...
Protection wise, always used defaults with little customization.
I have always used "Internet Security" config --- Its default config with CIS suite install --- Balanced protection & usability.
But with CFW only install too, I use "Internet Security" config.
Few customization only ---
FW settings - "Dont show popup messages" --- Unchecked
"Do not virtualize access to the specified files/folders" --- Unchecked
"Enable automatic startup for services installed in the Sandbox" --- Unchecked

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
I tried comodo firewall two years ago on windows 8. It wasn't creating a startup item to load notifications and the comodo little icon, so basically, testing with EIACAR test file, it was removing the threat (the cloud was working) but no notification was shown. I had to open the user interface each time at startup to have notifications. Immediatly uninstalled. I don't know if now the problem is solved

Jashin

Level 1
Verified
Nov 27, 2016
I tried comodo firewall two years ago on windows 8. It wasn't creating a startup item to load notifications and the comodo little icon, so basically, testing with EIACAR test file, it was removing the threat (the cloud was working) but no notification was shown. I had to open the user interface each time at startup to have notifications. Immediatly uninstalled. I don't know if now the problem is solved
One time i couldnt even load the UI....

nclr11111

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Feb 25, 2011
Been using CF since......i don´t remember. Once in a while i decide to try out some other FW or AV-suite but always ends up reinstalling Comodo FW.
Running it configured according to CS´s video atm but with "Show notification messages" on and some other options enabled and have virtually no popups or warnings. So i´d say it´s not an intrusive piece of software unless you want it to be or unless you DL and install various warez.
Before this config i had it configured according to an old instruction from "Gizmo´s Freeware" That config was way more intrusive and annoying....http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/how-install-comodo-firewall.htm

nclr11111

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Feb 25, 2011

I would really see a "How-To" article from you about configuring CF as in the video. This should be put as a "Sticky" in the appropriate section so that all can easily find it.
There has been quite alot of people asking for the video in which you do the configuration so why not put it as a sticky in the right place!?

Hopefully i´m not blind and it´s already there.......:rolleyes:

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
I frankly really like SecureAPlus. It's also default deny, but it's far more convenient and with multiple engines, I always make decisions easier. With CIS, throwing app into sandbox it's in the end decision entirely down to you to trust it. Which sucks.
SecureAPlus is abit heavy on my end. whatever i play games or open programms it have a little delay and that is with and good i7. cf runs like there is nothing installed. and speed is almost more relevant then protection for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.