Q&A How many MT users are using COMODO security products?

Are you a COMODO user?

• Yes

Votes: 77 45.0%
  • I have tried Comodo, however I'm not using it

Votes: 77 45.0%
  • No, I have never tried a Comodo product

Votes: 17 9.9%

• Total voters
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Emsisoft
Does Malwarebytes have a firewall? MABM has the best PUA and antifake protection in the industry. And It has a good antiexploit and antiransomware protection. Comodo has it all by isolating all ,,unknown". The problem is how to set Comodo -that is true. For me - now problem. Fallow cruelsister's suggestions. With the best regards. I hope You won't be offended by my comment ( I understand English very good, but my writing and speaking are very bad).:)
No not offended by your comment at all. I was somewhat making a joke with MB's pretty low quality and putting it over Comodo. (Which I still think beats it in most aspects.) I kind of compare Windows updates to it. It can either be buggy as crap or work perfectly normal, I was the later so I am giving a precaution to users that might want to test this product.

Solarlynx, i had that problems with installing the newest version of comodo. After all problems: I downloaded Comodo 7 offline installer. Installed it. Updated it to ver 8. After updated to ver 10. No problems.
Thanx again. Finally it worked. As usually Comodo was very stubborn to installation. All attempts to install version 7 failed - got installed but then after logon to any PC account an empty desktop appeared. Then I tried ver 8, FW, and voila. It updated to current 10.0.1.6258. Works fine. There appeared new button "Unblock Applications".

Last edited:
OS
MacOS
Antivirus
Kaspersky
The type of certificate you purchase from a CA (Premium, EV, etc.) does not really dictate the "level of encryption" that it can be used with. You never (at least, you shouldn't) give your private key to the CA, you generate that yourself and keep it secure, and then generate a CSR (Certificate Signing Request) that goes to the CA. They then give you a signed x509 certificate back. These are the private and public RSA keys, and you can generate the private key as large as you want - for example, I've generated plenty of 4096 bit RSA keys and gotten certificates for them from Gandi.net, even though their marketing says the product is for a "2048 bit key".

Further, once you install that certificate on your web server (or whatever else you're using it for) you get to decide what TLS/SSL ciphersuites to enable. You most certainly can choose only ones which will satisfy PCI-DSS requirements, and even more so. I suggest checking out Mozilla's great documentation on the subject, which can help you come up with a truly great TLS server configuration with some of the best ciphersuite selection available today: Web Development

Premium or not, you should make sure your CA, such as Comodo, is providing you with a SHA2 signed certificate, as certificates signed with SHA1 are being phased out, and started to become untrusted. Google Chrome for example, now shows a warning for sites which have certificates signed with SHA1 only.

OS
Windows 7
Antivirus
Emsisoft
I came to Emisi's OnlineArmour, jetico, Privatefirewall, and finally Comodo.
I think that it is a well-made product such as applying group rules and changing the priority of rules.
However, looking at the official forum, you can understand why some people show negative reactions to Comodo.
In rare cases, it is an official "Colosseum".:cool: