Q&A How many MT users are using COMODO security products?

Discussion in 'Comodo' started by Evjl's Rain, Dec 7, 2016.

?

Are you a COMODO user?

1. Yes

70 vote(s)
    43.8%
  2. I have tried Comodo, however I'm not using it

73 vote(s)
    45.6%
  3. No, I have never tried a Comodo product

17 vote(s)
    10.6%
  1. DJ Panda

DJ Panda Level 29

Aug 30, 2015
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    No not offended by your comment at all. I was somewhat making a joke with MB's pretty low quality and putting it over Comodo. (Which I still think beats it in most aspects.) I kind of compare Windows updates to it. It can either be buggy as crap or work perfectly normal, I was the later so I am giving a precaution to users that might want to test this product.

AtlBo and rockstarrocks like this.
  2. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Level 14

Apr 30, 2012
    #62 Solarlynx, Jul 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    Thanx again. Finally it worked. As usually Comodo was very stubborn to installation. All attempts to install version 7 failed - got installed but then after logon to any PC account an empty desktop appeared. Then I tried ver 8, FW, and voila. It updated to current 10.0.1.6258. Works fine. There appeared new button "Unblock Applications".

AtlBo, BugCode and rockstarrocks like this.
  3. Joniantrey

Joniantrey Level 1

Nov 8, 2017
    London, UK
    mac OS X
    Kaspersky
    The type of certificate you purchase from a CA (Premium, EV, etc.) does not really dictate the "level of encryption" that it can be used with. You never (at least, you shouldn't) give your private key to the CA, you generate that yourself and keep it secure, and then generate a CSR (Certificate Signing Request) that goes to the CA. They then give you a signed x509 certificate back. These are the private and public RSA keys, and you can generate the private key as large as you want - for example, I've generated plenty of 4096 bit RSA keys and gotten certificates for them from Gandi.net, even though their marketing says the product is for a "2048 bit key".

Further, once you install that certificate on your web server (or whatever else you're using it for) you get to decide what TLS/SSL ciphersuites to enable. You most certainly can choose only ones which will satisfy PCI-DSS requirements, and even more so. I suggest checking out Mozilla's great documentation on the subject, which can help you come up with a truly great TLS server configuration with some of the best ciphersuite selection available today: Web Development

Premium or not, you should make sure your CA, such as Comodo, is providing you with a SHA2 signed certificate, as certificates signed with SHA1 are being phased out, and started to become untrusted. Google Chrome for example, now shows a warning for sites which have certificates signed with SHA1 only.