Advice Request How many MT users are using COMODO security products?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Are you a COMODO user?

• Yes

Votes: 86 43.7%
  • I have tried Comodo, however I'm not using it

Votes: 93 47.2%
  • No, I have never tried a Comodo product

Votes: 18 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Does Malwarebytes have a firewall? MABM has the best PUA and antifake protection in the industry. And It has a good antiexploit and antiransomware protection. Comodo has it all by isolating all ,,unknown". The problem is how to set Comodo -that is true. For me - now problem. Fallow cruelsister's suggestions. With the best regards. I hope You won't be offended by my comment ( I understand English very good, but my writing and speaking are very bad).:)

No not offended by your comment at all. I was somewhat making a joke with MB's pretty low quality and putting it over Comodo. (Which I still think beats it in most aspects.) I kind of compare Windows updates to it. It can either be buggy as crap or work perfectly normal, I was the later so I am giving a precaution to users that might want to test this product.

Solarlynx

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 30, 2012
Solarlynx, i had that problems with installing the newest version of comodo. After all problems: I downloaded Comodo 7 offline installer. Installed it. Updated it to ver 8. After updated to ver 10. No problems.
Thanx again. Finally it worked. As usually Comodo was very stubborn to installation. All attempts to install version 7 failed - got installed but then after logon to any PC account an empty desktop appeared. Then I tried ver 8, FW, and voila. It updated to current 10.0.1.6258. Works fine. There appeared new button "Unblock Applications".

Last edited:

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I came to Emisi's OnlineArmour, jetico, Privatefirewall, and finally Comodo.
I think that it is a well-made product such as applying group rules and changing the priority of rules.
However, looking at the official forum, you can understand why some people show negative reactions to Comodo.
In rare cases, it is an official "Colosseum".:cool:

JoseyWales

Level 1
Verified
Jul 23, 2018
I gave serious consideration to the Comodo line of products and services and came to the conclusion that Comodo has a strong idea in their works so I've decided to give them my support for 6 months at the very least...starting with the daily goof off systems and make note of Comodo's performance and operation...then slowly migrate their security options to my secured system I reserve for business only. These products are designed to grow with usage and the more subscribers that Comodo can gather up the better the developers can fine tune their bundled suites. Their standalone product line are already top shelf, so bundling the best of their development into one package needs the public...and it won't be long now. I believe Comodo is on the right path and we will witness the other large names to follow suit. This kind of system security very well could carry us for the next 10 years.

Reactions: oldschool

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
I stopped using Comodo's products. They've tired me. Blocking many times secure programs, slow boot time, delay applications. I have two computers. One is with 360 ts and woodooshield, and the other one avg free with syshardener. (I don't use avast with syshardener like
Evjl's Rain because avg is more easy for my daughter) In both of them I have blocked ads. light solutions with good protection

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I stopped using Comodo's products. They've tired me. Blocking many times secure programs, slow boot time, delay applications. I have two computers. One is with 360 ts and woodooshield, and the other one avg free with syshardener. (I don't use avast with syshardener like
Evjl's Rain because avg is more easy for my daughter) In both of them I have blocked ads. light solutions with good protection
yeah, comodo sometimes blocks too many known safe applications, which I don't want or can't install on my family members' PCs because I don't want to be called for help frequently

I use avast/AVG with my tweaks and syshardener. According to the hub, there hasn't been any bypass yet because of how they work and complement each other

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
yeah, comodo sometimes blocks too many known safe applications, which I don't want or can't install on my family members' PCs because I don't want to be called for help frequently

I use avast/AVG with my tweaks and syshardener. According to the hub, there hasn't been any bypass yet because of how they work and complement each other
And i use your tweaks ;)

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
People forgets that they compare cis into antivirus product like avast free that doesnt have firewall brought with it when talking about free products

If you compare avast free, you have to compare that into comodo antivirus not into cis

Today comodo internet security is more use-friendly than it was 10 years ago, you can use it as default settings and yes maybe it sometimes blocks file or two, but you can use common sense to unblock if it really matters

if i would install antivirus product to family member, yeah i wouldnt install cis, i would go with comodo antivirus

But why bother with comodo antivirus, when you can have avast free or kaspersky free?

Cis is for advanced users, who can make a decisions

Hector1

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 4, 2015
I setted my brother's Pc with Comodo Firewall with Cruelsister's setting and all is good. Every six months i check the Pc and i see a lot of strange thing blocked, even a worm blocked in Usb (I think all Pc of my brother's office are infected, and all have an antivirus installed). Good job Comodo!

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I setted my brother's Pc with Comodo Firewall with Cruelsister's setting and all is good. Every six months i check the Pc and i see a lot of strange thing blocked, even a worm blocked in Usb (I think all Pc of my brother's office are infected, and all have an antivirus installed). Good job Comodo!
If they only use browser i would just set up any default deny , allow browser and just set rest system lockdown, Like my mother only using chrome.

Its easy to have teamwiever on every family member computer and just help them that way if theyre far away

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.