Q&A How many MT users are using COMODO security products?

Discussion in 'Comodo' started by Evjl's Rain, Dec 7, 2016.

?

Are you a COMODO user?

1. Yes

70 vote(s)
    43.8%
  2. I have tried Comodo, however I'm not using it

73 vote(s)
    45.6%
  3. No, I have never tried a Comodo product

17 vote(s)
    10.6%
  1. I used to use their Sandbox only but I uninstalled it since I stopped using it :( Their products are still pretty good especially the Sandbox & Firewall.

Polygon, Yash Khan, AtlBo and 2 others like this.
  2. Coder

Coder Level 1

Sep 6, 2015
    sweden
    Windows 7
    Default-Deny
    CF tweaked on laptop with no AV, but with 2 ondemand scanners.

3. Spawn

Spawn Administrator
    Staff Member Content Creator

Jan 8, 2011
    Last used Comodo Firewall/Internet Security 3.11, remember HopSurf? :p

I have Comodo Cloud Antivirus on a family members computer only.

Polygon, Yash Khan, AtlBo and 3 others like this.
  4. DJ Panda

DJ Panda Level 29

Aug 30, 2015
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    Never tried a Comodo product. It's not a bad product in the slightest just comfortable with my basic config for my computer. :)

Andytay70, Yash Khan, AtlBo and 3 others like this.
  5. bunchuu

bunchuu Level 7

Mar 17, 2015
    Sales Supervisor
    Indonesia
    Windows 10
    ESET
    Comodo offer first free version of internet security suite (AV+firewall). It's truly gold compare to other AV free version apps.

simmerskool, Yash Khan, AtlBo and 3 others like this.
  6. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Level 14

Apr 30, 2012
    I use CF on my office PC with Zemana AntiMalware. Tweaked with HIPS in Safe Mode and FW in Custome Ruleset.

simmerskool, Yash Khan, AtlBo and 3 others like this.
  7. Felipe Oliveira

Felipe Oliveira Level 11

Jan 17, 2014
    Medicine student
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Windows 10
    Comodo
    COMODO, today, only worth it for the sandbox and firewall, with changed settings is very difficult to contaminate the PC. Web defense is very weak (maybe more than antivirus). It gives the need to use extensions in the browser (I chose Avira Browser Safety).

Yash Khan, AtlBo, nikos200 and 3 others like this.
  8. Antimalware18

Antimalware18 Level 8

Jan 17, 2014
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    I'm currently using CF (sandbox/firewall) along with avast free

I am contemplating a switch to Voodooshield just for a change and my wife has had some issues with PC games she plays and the sandbox.

9. frogboy

frogboy Level 61
    Trusted

Jun 9, 2013
    Heavy Duty Mechanic.
    Western Australia
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    I have in the past but no more, it is just to hard using Comodo products. :(

10. tonibalas

tonibalas Level 38
    Trusted

Sep 26, 2014
    I have used Comodo in the past.
    I was satisfied with it's performance, light on system resources.
    Sandbox is great and it helped me even with ransomware.
    But i really enjoyed HIPS when i begun to understand how it works.
    For me HIPS is great tool to train your self to learn more about security.

11. Fritz

Fritz Level 11

Sep 28, 2015
    Germany
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    Using their S/MIME, SSL and Code Signing certificates. Dunno if that counts, though. :p

frogboy and Yash Khan like this.
  12. HarborFront

HarborFront Level 33
    Content Creator

Oct 9, 2016
    Far East
    I was using CFW v8.x but it's not compatible with current CCAV version. Now, new tablet not using it but WD and its default FW

Waiting for CFW v10 to be released. Understand the CCAV will be compatible with it. Then I'll install

Andy Ful, davisd, AtlBo and 1 other person like this.
  13. shmu26

shmu26 Level 53

Jul 3, 2015
    Utopia
    I am happy with COMODO 10, at least for now

14. Andy Ful

Andy Ful Level 21

Dec 23, 2014
    business
    Poland
    Windows 10
    Microsoft
    I use CF + Sandboxie (non system disk) + Shadow Defender on boot (system disk) on my old Windows XP laptop. This is rather locked configuration, but I can install and update programs in separate sandboxes with active Shadow Defender.
    CF is configured with @cruelsister settings (but Comodo Sandbox is set to block untrusted).
    I like very much the simplicity and effectiveness of Comodo Firewall. I do not bother about Comodo antivirus, HIPS and other stuff. :)
    I do not use CF on computers with Windows 10, because of the possible problems with sandboxed system files after Windows updates.:(

15. Overkill

Overkill Level 30
    Trusted

Feb 15, 2012
    USA
    Windows 7
    Default-Deny
    I have used it in the past, but since the bugs still exist I see no reason to use it since there are better alternatives like AppGuard and VoodooShield

16. Zero Knowledge

Zero Knowledge Level 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Dark Cloud Universe
    No. I don't use Comodo. I used to use Comodo Firewall v5.10 back in the day but now other software offers better security.

Also they have questionable marketing schemes. They promise a lot but don't deliver on half of those promises.

17. Trickster

Trickster Level 14

Jul 28, 2016
    Loving / caring Husband :)
    Europe
    Windows 10
    BullGuard
    Currently using comodo internet security 10 tweaked to my likings , also using dragon and ice dragon no problems at all , Well adguard is making browsing a bit slow. I am happy with my current setup. So I Will not change untill it is becomming boring :)

18. askmark

askmark Level 11

Aug 31, 2016
    united kingdom
    Windows 10
    Default-Deny
    Using CFW 10 with everything disabled except for the Firewall. Don't like the interface much but it's better than WF and all the front end GUI wannabes like WFC.

I sometimes manually sandbox apps with CFW if Voodooshield gives a uncertain opinion on software I'm testing.

19. Maxwell Sien

Maxwell Sien Level 2

Nov 15, 2016
    Indonesia
    Windows 10
    Default-Deny
    Why?

AtlBo and simmerskool like this.
  20. uninfected1

uninfected1 Level 7

Jan 28, 2016
    Alpha Centauri
    Windows 7
    BitDefender
    #40 uninfected1, Jul 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
    I used CFW for several years. Good protection and fairly straightforward to use. Unfortunately each clean install of a new version caused more and more problems until, despite following Chiron's clean install guide (link below) to the letter, it would not install and caused multiple BSODs and a lot of time and effort to get things up and running again. So I was forced to go to another product.

And it is this clean install issue which is the problem with CFW, CIS etc.Who in their right mind wants to do this every time, especially when, even if you follow it to the letter, there's still a good chance you will have problems, as I did?
    Most Effective Way to Reinstall/Update CIS to Avoid/Fix Problems - Install / Setup / Configuration Help - CIS

Even if things go as planned, it is still a ridiculously complex and time consuming procedure, and if it goes wrong, as I found, it can cause a lot of grief.

If you are already using Comodo and are happy with it, fine. If you have never used Comodo and are thinking of using it, my advice would be don't. Quite simply, it is far more trouble than it is worth, especially when you try to install a new version.

AtlBo, SHvFl, BigWrench and 3 others like this.