Advice Request How many MT users are using COMODO security products?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Are you a COMODO user?

• Yes

Votes: 86 43.7%
  • I have tried Comodo, however I'm not using it

Votes: 93 47.2%
  • No, I have never tried a Comodo product

Votes: 18 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fel Grossi

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
COMODO, today, only worth it for the sandbox and firewall, with changed settings is very difficult to contaminate the PC. Web defense is very weak (maybe more than antivirus). It gives the need to use extensions in the browser (I chose Avira Browser Safety).

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I have used Comodo in the past.
I was satisfied with it's performance, light on system resources.
Sandbox is great and it helped me even with ransomware.
But i really enjoyed HIPS when i begun to understand how it works.
For me HIPS is great tool to train your self to learn more about security.

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
I use CF + Sandboxie (non system disk) + Shadow Defender on boot (system disk) on my old Windows XP laptop. This is rather locked configuration, but I can install and update programs in separate sandboxes with active Shadow Defender.
CF is configured with @cruelsister settings (but Comodo Sandbox is set to block untrusted).
I like very much the simplicity and effectiveness of Comodo Firewall. I do not bother about Comodo antivirus, HIPS and other stuff. :)
I do not use CF on computers with Windows 10, because of the possible problems with sandboxed system files after Windows updates.:(

askmark

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2016
Using CFW 10 with everything disabled except for the Firewall. Don't like the interface much but it's better than WF and all the front end GUI wannabes like WFC.

I sometimes manually sandbox apps with CFW if Voodooshield gives a uncertain opinion on software I'm testing.

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
I used CFW for several years. Good protection and fairly straightforward to use. Unfortunately each clean install of a new version caused more and more problems until, despite following Chiron's clean install guide (link below) to the letter, it would not install and caused multiple BSODs and a lot of time and effort to get things up and running again. So I was forced to go to another product.

And it is this clean install issue which is the problem with CFW, CIS etc.Who in their right mind wants to do this every time, especially when, even if you follow it to the letter, there's still a good chance you will have problems, as I did?
Most Effective Way to Reinstall/Update CIS to Avoid/Fix Problems - Install / Setup / Configuration Help - CIS

Even if things go as planned, it is still a ridiculously complex and time consuming procedure, and if it goes wrong, as I found, it can cause a lot of grief.

If you are already using Comodo and are happy with it, fine. If you have never used Comodo and are thinking of using it, my advice would be don't. Quite simply, it is far more trouble than it is worth, especially when you try to install a new version.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.