• Thread starter Deleted member 178
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
screenshots corrected.

i redone the whole procedure, it worked. be sure to always click "ok" , copy-paste the whole MVPS text and import it as "Host Format text"

Last edited by a moderator:

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
yes and imported as Hosts Format

retry the whole procedure by deleting first the category you created earlier
This was the solution and it now works!
I downloaded the Hosts file in it's native format, and renamed that file as a .txt,then followed the guide posted by Umbra and everything is now working fine!:)

Thank you to all for your feedback and suggestions!

Much appreciated:)

kh-bavfmtnomaecutrlpkax.jpg

Reactions: Petrovic

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
if you followed the procedure properly, the "0.0.0.0" should not appear in comodo list

Hi Umbra,can you confirm/deny that there is a bug in the webfilter regarding HTTPS sites?

You can simply enter just that *.google.com* or if you get redirected to other TLDs you can add *.google.* however please note that currently the webfilter does not work against HTTPS websites, a bug report for this has been submitted.

https://forums.comodo.com/firewall-help-cis-b135.0/-t102635.0.html

Thanks!:)

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Hi Umbra,can you confirm/deny that there is a bug in the webfilter regarding HTTPS sites?

i confirm , there is a bug; i tested with Facebook; but security-wise, actually you will find very few malicious websites with HTTPS :D

Reactions: Venustus

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Agreed!

Thanks for the clarification!:)

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Umbra,

How to add EasyList/EasyPrivacy in Comodo WebFilter?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.