Advice Request How to decrypt an encrypted video?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

rohitsrsingh937

Thread author
Aug 13, 2020
I have purchased an educational videos files. With those videos, seller gave me a special video player with them.These video files are encrypted and only opens in that specialized video player developed by seller. Means extension of those videos is only compatible with that speciallsed video player and not with VLC or other video palyers
Now problem is that video player only works on a single pc and not on other pc. I have to run these video file on my laptop but that application is not running on my laptop or any other pc.
Please help me as the licence of the video player has been expired and I can't afford to purchase it again.
Please if anyone of here have any idea about this help me

Reactions: [correlate]

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I have to run these video file on my laptop but that application is not running on my laptop or any other pc.
Please help me as the licence of the video player has been expired and I can't afford to purchase it again.
Sounds odd that the video player completely stopped working as you actually paid for it. I wouldn't been surprised if you wasn't allowed anymore updates etc as that's normal, but it still would " work/run ".

I would strongly advice against any sort of " crack/hack " or even try to decrypt the video files as you more then likely could get yourself into deep legal unnecessary issues/problem. Breaking Copyright is serious and if this vendor/company or developer found out, it would just add more issues.

The only sound tip/hint that I can think of, is for you to try contact the developer/vendor and ask for a possible help to fix your specific issue. Or start save again, as you obviously was able once to purchase it.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
At a minimum, the video file extension and the player's name are essential information to solve the problem.

I thought of the possibility of fraudulent information products. The method of collecting videos distributed online and selling them together with software called a dedicated player is known as a classic scam in Japan. We recommend that you contact the vendor first.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.