Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
I have no scientific explanation as to why Windows store works through my VPN but not regular wifi. I will just completely reinstall those wifi drivers. Again, the only things causing issues are things that I don't even like. The whole Windows Store needs to be burned down.

The whole Windows Store needs to be burned down.

Watch out... to some that kind of statement is sacrilage.

I would simply use PowerShell to reinstall the Windows Store. Research it online. There are many "How Tos".

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Just tried Windows 10 Update Assistant. Download Windows 10

Everything was ok until.. the funny thing is, can't even continue upgrade if I don't uninstall SB. I guess I'll just install it back after upgrade finishes lul.

Capture.PNG

Edit: Ah, seems like I will have to use beta releases for a while, thats fine tho. 5.27 Beta Available USE THIS FOR WINDOWS 10 1809 - Sandboxie Support

Last edited by a moderator:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Just tried Windows 10 Update Assistant. Download Windows 10

Everything was ok until.. the funny thing is, can't even continue upgrade if I don't uninstall SB. I guess I'll just install it back after upgrade finishes lul.

View attachment 198549
Yeah, it's not a big deal to reinstall SBIE. All you need is your config file, and you are good.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
I fixed my Windows Store issue thanks to @military giving me a hint.
Windows Store now requires that IPv6 is enabled. No ifs or buts. But I am running a local dns resolver (Deadwood DNS) on my computer that binds to 127.0.0.1. So I knew Windows Store was working on the VPN but why was that and I figured it out.

Easy solution: Change your Wi-Fi Network Profile from Private to Public. Now Windows Store connects immediately without a hiccup.

More complex solution:
Using ::ffff:127.0.0.1 in the IPv6 DNS configuration fixed it for now. I am lucky because the IPv4 DNS servers I have chosen reply with IPv and IPv6 results so I guess DeepWeb is finally using IPv6! :) All addresses are getting resolved, pinging works, tracert works. But I am unable to use nslookup through powershell since the resolver refuses to respond. I think this is most likely due to some security setting of the DNS resolver itself and not Windows.

For now I'm using the easy solution.

Attachments

• ipv6.PNG
    ipv6.PNG
    16.6 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

My 20sec experience in 1809. Some interesting gibberish in Apps & Features, also saved Wifi passwords deleted, had to re-enter manually. Oh boy.. I think it's just flowers.. I bet there's more :D
Capture.PNG

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Btw that wasn't it either. Not only do you have to enable IPv6, you also have to enable DNS client. It was all fun and games until I rebooted and my wifi was completely gone. No notification tray, no menu in Settings, nothing. Restoring a backup of my old build is easier than wasting time trying to deal with this beta product. I will wait until New Year's Eve.

Edit: And already restored. Took 7 minutes vs spending 3 hours trying to fix something.

Last edited:

uduoix

Level 5
Verified
Oct 14, 2015
I downloaded and installed 1809 and windows wanted me to reboot pc which i did. When i loged back in i checked windows version and it was still 1803. So i checked windows update and it says that i use latest version of windows and there is no updates available. Then i checked windows update history and i see 1809 update is installed and want me to restart PC. It doesn't matter how many times i restart i have 1803 version. What should i do? I was thinking about clean install but reading reddit and other forums, maybe is better if i stay on 1803

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Have anyone lost any data yet? I hear that people who been upgrading via WU been losing the data from my docs etc.
No data loss here.
The data loss was attributed to special registry/GP settings that most people don't use, something about automatically deleting data after a certain age.

Danielx64

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 24, 2017
No data loss here.
The data loss was attributed to special registry/GP settings that most people don't use, something about automatically deleting data after a certain age.
Yep, there's a GPO setting where it can be used to delete a profile after a set age (or something like that). I believe that's the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.