Troubleshoot How to revive undetected pendrive?

restwrst

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 17, 2019
Yesterday I made a bootable usb using rufus to instal win 10. The process of creating bootable drive had run perfectly until the pendrive was accidentally plugged out of the laptop. My pendrive is now always undetected if plugged in to every machine.
Is there any reliable way to revive it?

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
You could try the HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool:
The HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool allows you to format a USB Flash drive too FAT, FAT32, and NTFS file systems. It also allows you to create a DOS startup disk, but this is not very useful with modern versions of Windows.

Even though this tool is from 2014, it is still widely recommended by Flash drive manufacturers as the suggested tool to format USB Drives. It should be noted that you need to run the program with Administrative privileges for it to work properly.

Upvote 1

restwrst

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 17, 2019
You could try the HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool:

unfortunately it didnt work

• Sad
Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey
Upvote 0

Captain Holly

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 23, 2021
You might try free EaseUS. Go to the partition manager tool and there are functions for formatting and making other changes to the flash drive. Under Bootable Media it can help with burning a bootable flash drive. In the Toolkit section you can also download Windows 10 and 11 there. I don't know if this will help with what you need to do but the EaseUS app is free and worth a shot.

C.H.

Upvote 0

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
There are several things you can try to revive an undetected pendrive:

1. Try plugging the pendrive into different USB ports on your laptop or other computers to see if it is detected.

2. Check if the pendrive is appearing in Device Manager. If it's not showing up, try to update the driver for your USB ports.

3. Use a different cable to connect your pendrive to your computer.

4. Use free data recovery software such as EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, Recuva, or Disk Drill to scan your drive and recover data.

5. If none of the above methods work, you can try using disk part command in CMD to manually format the drive. However, this will erase all data on the drive.

If none of these methods work, your pendrive may be damaged and may not be repairable. In this case, you will need to replace it.

Upvote 0

Bumblebee Uncle

Level 3
Well-known
Mar 15, 2022
Hi @restwrst ,

Can you try doing this:

1. Right click on my computer and following options will pop up. Click on disk management:

1677939046304.png

2. Following this, your pen drive might appear over here. Right click and format it or may be there might be an option to create a new disk. I hope this would work

1677939287351.png

Let me know if this solves the issue.

Reactions: roger_m
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.