_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Content Creator
Trusted
Verified
I'm not here to dispute or please great minds. I'm here to find answers to my needs.

Like I mentioned if suggestions (great for you) but don't meet my requirements in the opening post then I'll not accept them because my needs are different from yours.

A newie here does not mean his new everywhere. It's just that I joined the MT forums yesterday. Do not underestimate all newies. Remember this.

Thanks for your postings and if I did not accept your suggestions (and by others) most probably they don't meet my needs. No hard feelings and I do hope you can accept this.

Continuous improvement is one of my strong traits.
I don't use the term noob or newbie, never have on this site, I prefer novice as its less offensive to newer members,
my post was only my " opinion " you can do with it as you wish brother ;)
I don't assume anything about anyone here, I let their posts and how they carry themselves on these
forums shape my opinion, I have been around the block a few times at mt age, underestimate you ? hardly :rolleyes:
I hope you find your answers and benefit from the class acts that call MT home. Good luck

shmu26

Level 80
Content Creator
Trusted
Verified
Digital Signature = Zero (you can copy the Digital Signature from the header of the file by using assembly). I can do it an example if someone really wants.

Another cool type of attack is when someone uses some type of DNS-Spoofing to deliver a fake update.
which security softs are able to tell the difference between a real sig and a copied one?
alternatively, how can the user tell the difference?

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Probably you need a degree to know by yourself ( without any sw) how to set group policy and permissions to write the registry

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

shmu26

Level 80
Content Creator
Trusted
Verified
Probably you need a degree to know by yourself ( without any sw) how to set group policy and permissions to write the registry
what I mean is: let's say Voodooshield or NoVirusThanks tells you that the file is signed by so and so. How easy is it to fool the software in this regard?

Reactions: AtlBo and Dirk41

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
what I mean is: let's say Voodooshield or NoVirusThanks tells you that the file is signed by so and so. How easy is it to fool the software in this regard?

Sorry I was responding to the creator of the thread , sorry for the misunderstanding , my fault .

Anyway , as someone wrote before , the best thing is to check SHA256

Reactions: shmu26

Spawn

Administrator
Staff member
Verified
Local Standard Account
Unchecky

Unused Local Admin Account with Password
Windows Firewall, Smartscreen and UAC on Default

Rollback software of choice

Reactions: ZeroDay and Dirk41

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Another useful thing would be to know well how to use netstat. It could help against backdoors.

I am looking for a guide , I read backdoors could use legit app/ service but different port.

shmu26

Level 80
Content Creator
Trusted
Verified
Sorry I was responding to the creator of the thread , sorry for the misunderstanding , my fault .

Anyway , as someone wrote before , the best thing is to check SHA256
do security softs check SHA256?
how do they determine if the file is signed?

chrcoluk

Level 1
Why not start from setting up safe surfing behaviour? Once u got that, you don't need any security software literally.

Practically, you're asking a software where pratically I believe >95% doesnt fulfill your criteria.
so malware doesnt distribute by...

email
torrents
usb devices
phones
chat applications

its all just web browsers?