Question Am I missing a lot without its driver software.

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
OK, Tuesday my old Philips Brilliance LCD monitor let me know that it was tired of life and that it wanted to retire after about 11 years I think? :D

So yesterday after looking around, I decided on a buying a new monitor, namely this one …

And it came in early in the afternoon already. Damn, going from a 1920-1080 60hz to the one I have now … wow. :D However, the company put a CD in the box with the driver software, and would you know it, my PC does not have a CD/DVD player!? Now I tried to download the drivers from their website put when I search for the drivers, nothing happens when I click on enter in the search bar? Would I miss out on a lot of functions if I can not install the driver software?

It is mentioned for instance that it is G-Sync compatible on the site, but I do not see it in the Nvidia Control panel. Also, it is supposed to be a 165hz monitor, but so far I can only set it up to 144hz. (Still twice more than I had before. :) )

Freki123

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
Also, it is supposed to be a 165hz monitor, but so far I can only set it up to 144hz. (Still twice more than I had before. :) )
Do you use a DisplayPort cable? HDMI2.0: 48 -144 Hz (V) / DP1.4: 48 -165Hz (V) At least that would be my first guess.
I can't remember if I ever used a driver software as long as the monitor worked without problems (but that's just me) :D

Jengo

Level 6
Well-known
Nov 9, 2022
1708701883891.png

Works perfect to download the drivers.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.