Advice Request How trustworthy Qihoo actually is?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Nagisa

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jul 19, 2018
Is it worse than Avast? What information it collects from its users? I heard that its cloud engine is one of the few that catches zero days earliest, is it true? If so, I can actually recommend this product to people who have low end machines.

bayasdev

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 10, 2015
But Avira is still included? I admit, i last checked probably a year ago, as it's 90% based of Ads now.
I think so, according to their website:

1590765895477.png

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Is it worse than Avast? What information it collects from its users? I heard that its cloud engine is one of the few that catches zero days earliest, is it true? If so, I can actually recommend this product to people who have low end machines.
The cloud engine is realy very good . iS LIGHT and for low end machines is perfect. And the best on 360 is the sandbox. The only bad think is the extension. Is realy Unuseless.

I stopped using it years ago when they filled it with ads and unnecesary snake oil
The new version have not many ads.

360TSE doesn't have ads as far as I know. Also ads can be blocked by adding a deny rule for promoutil.exe to Windows Firewall.
You must block more things for stop all the ads. I m not remember all now.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
I will never like it probably... First cause of the ads, and also the unneccesary cleaning tools etc. I wish Tencent Pc Manager would show a sign of life. It's light, and has absolutely no ads etc. But it seems to not receive updates anymore...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.