Advice Request How trustworthy Qihoo actually is?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Everytime when i read bleepingcomputer i see qihoo has found the exploits, bugs, etc...

its trustworthy antivirus to use, and very light in my opinion. Also the sandbox is great since you can set it up as you like .. i would use it over avast if the privacy is the case

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Everytime when i read bleepingcomputer i see qihoo has found the exploits, bugs, etc...

its trustworthy antivirus to use, and very light in my opinion. Also the sandbox is great since you can set it up as you like .. i would use it over avast if the privacy is the case
Yeah, they have a great bug hunter team.
But it doesn't mean the AV is superior to KSCF/SEP.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
The ads in the free version are an annoyance, but you can by cheap licenses from eBay - which certainly appear to be legit licenses.

On the plus side, it is one of the lightest antiviruses there is and it has excellent signatures. While there is no need for an antivirus to have for example, a junk cleaner and speedup functions, they do work very well. For example, the junk cleaner can clean junk from hundreds of apps.

360 Junk.PNG

There are better options, but it is very light and provides reasonable protection.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.