How was your first experience with Windows 10 April Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
i have 17134.1 - Windows Update says no updates lol :ROFLMAO:
Did you left Windows insider?

No need to do a clean install. I received the .48 update (KB4103721) automatically through Windows Update. I was on 17134.5 beforehand. I think it's only those who were on 17133.5 or other Insider builds that need to update manually.
You maybe right about that, I haven't tried that. What's "17133.5", cause AFAIK there was no Win10 build with that name or am I missing something??

askmark

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2016
You maybe right about that, I haven't tried that. What's "17133.5", cause AFAIK there was no Win10 build with that name or am I missing something??
Sorry 17133.1 was meant to be the final build for RS4 but MS pulled it and 17134.1 ended up becoming the RTM build instead.
I had already installed 17133.1 so had to upgrade again to get on 17134.1

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Reactions: vtqhtr413

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
Yesterday evening I made again this update on my office PC.
I cannot made scanners with my printer:unsure:
The issue with the disk partition is still present and the problem is that I have a warning message every 10 minutes that my hard drive is fullo_O
Do you believe that removing the drive letter is enough to disable these warning messages ?
SSD1.PNG

ssd3.PNG

SSD2.PNG

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Hello,
Yesterday evening I made again this update on my office PC.
I cannot made scanners with my printer:unsure:
The issue with the disk partition is still present and the problem is that I have a warning message every 10 minutes that my hard drive is fullo_O
Do you believe that removing the drive letter is enough to disable these warning messages ?
View attachment 188547
View attachment 188545
View attachment 188546

It should be enough. Windows shouldn't alert you about drives that are not assigned a letter.

Reactions: JB007 and vtqhtr413

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
It should be enough. Windows shouldn't alert you about drives that are not assigned a letter.
There's nothing risky at all. It is does not affect the data on the drive. All the data will still be there, but Windows will no longer assign a drive letter to it, so it remains hidden.
Thanks @mlnevese & @roger_m :)
I just tried to remove the drive letter but it is not possible because right click is not active:unsure:
SSD1.PNG

SSD2.PNG

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Thanks @mlnevese & @roger_m :)
I just tried to remove the drive letter but it is not possible because right click is not active:unsure:
When I posted, I did not realise it would not work for the recovery partition. Anyway, the following works:
Windows 10 April update (1804)
Click your Start Button, type cmd, then right click Command Prompt and choose 'Run as Administrator'

Run this command and hit Enter

diskpart

Run this command and hit Enter

list volume

Note down the letter associated with that new drive

Run these commands one at a time and hit Enter (replace X with the correct drive letter)

select volume X

remove letter=X

Close Command Prompt and restart your PC

Last edited:

Danielx64

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 24, 2017
Well I found the cause of my win 10 April update issue.

New privacy settings messed up my tv card. Vendor provided updated software etc to fix issues.

Reactions: Sunshine-boy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.