How was your first experience with Windows 10 April Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForgottenSeer 72227

Updated, an no issues so far no my end! The only slight hiccup I found was on my laptop. For some strange reason, the colour option (title bars) under personalize seems to have turned its self on. Its funny, because when I look at the setting on the screen it says its off :confused: I've tried turning it on then back off, to no avail. Oh well, I guess there could be far worse things then having some colour on the title bars.

F

ForgottenSeer 72227

There is no such thing as "clean upgrade", you will always end with some issues (some apparent, others not), older the system, more issues will appear.

I agree! I always try to do a clean install every time a new major update is released. Thankfully I haven't had too many major issues on most version updates, but there have been a couple of times where I am like what the....(insert word)

D

Deleted member 178

After reading all posts ....So...What is the best!
0- do a backup of your actual system
1- download drivers for your hardware
2- clean install with format of system partition.
3- run windows update
4- do a backup of the newly clean installed and updated system (via win7 backup & restore in control panel)
5- install drivers
6- do a backup
7- install your favorite softs.
8- do a backup

Danielx64

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 24, 2017

Ok this is a long one. Clean installed 1804/1803 (whatever it is called), installed a bunch of software then went to get WinTV 8.5 installed - I couldn't. Drivers installed but the main TV software refuse to install because the installer couldn't detect the hardware (shows up fine in device manager)

Installed 1709 then WinTV 8.5 = everything worked

Went back to 1804/1803 (clean install) and I made WinTV 8.5 the first thing I installed. Bingo - I could get everything installed.

Over the last few days I was adding each software that I use as I needed then. Tonight I wanted to watch TV so I fired up WinTV and this "Failed to attach capture filters (0x80004005)" message showed up. After some waiting everything loaded up, decided to check the options and I see this:

tv card.png

And I'm like no it can't be. I decided to run the installer again (without removing anything) and guess what? The installer wouldn't detect the TV card.

So yeah something really odd is going on here. This is the TV card in question: Hauppauge | WinTV-quadHD Four Tuner PCIe Board

D

Deleted member 65228

Hi Brothers

Level 2
Verified
Apr 19, 2018
After installing KB4103727, I no longer get error 0xc000021a and can now boot normally. I haven't tried if installing 1803 on top of this KB will install correctly, but I'm not in a hurry to get another error and have to restore with acronis for another 40 minutes, so I'll wait for the next update of 1803 and if that doesn't work then I'll probably clean install

Currently Windows Update says my pc is up to date, it's not nagging me for 1803 like before, so that's good

D

Deleted member 65228

After installing KB4103727, I no longer get error 0xc000021a and can now boot normally. I haven't tried if installing 1803 on top of this KB will install correctly, but I'm not in a hurry to get another error and have to restore with acronis for another 40 minutes, so I'll wait for the next update of 1803 and if that doesn't work then I'll probably clean install, I'll have to use wushowhide.diagcab or something to not make Windows Update download 1803 for the time being
Did you provide the feedback to Microsoft?

If you didn't, and no one else experienced the problem and reported it, and if Microsoft didn't discover it on their own (e.g. crash dump sending if they do it via telemetry, self-testing)... it'll never be fixed for you. Until someone does experience and report it. For eternity.

Reactions: roger_m

Hi Brothers

Level 2
Verified
Apr 19, 2018
Did you provide the feedback to Microsoft?

If you didn't, and no one else experienced the problem and reported it, and if Microsoft didn't discover it on their own (e.g. bug report diagnostics, self-testing)... it'll never be fixed for you. Until someone does experience and report it. For eternity.

Wait are you actually serious? You think they look at these reports and/or will do something about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.