How was your first experience with Windows 10 April Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
perhaps you haven't experienced its bugs yet. You would definitely have if you use some features with confirmed bugs such as core isolation, for example

I installed 1803 on my laptop with dual graphics + the latest nvidia driver, Fifa18 was unplayable (fps <10-20, lowest settings) after the first half while it was playable ~25-40fps on windows 1511
same problem happens on v1709. Simple unplayable since the creators update
I dont play games on PC, have a PS4 for that. And i tested alot and no bugs :)

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Just an update. If you are using Sticky Passwords and Firefox the Sticky Password client causes the crashes not the extension.

Untill Sticky solves this I'll use Lastpass... The import from Sticky went with no problems, it even imported my secure notes.

Hi Brothers

Level 2
Verified
Apr 19, 2018
2 days later, without clicking Update and Restart from the shutdown menu, it seems somehow the update has once again tried to install itself, even though I always clicked Restart not Update and Restart, so now I get the stupid 0xc000021a error again, and I don't wanna spend another 40 minutes using acronis if the error is gonna show up anyway in a few days, besides my latest stable acronis backup is from 4 days ago, and that's A LOT of time for a backup (it's why I do daily backups but they're unusable now), anyone have any idea how can I fix this? I tried chkdsk /r /f, sfc /scannow, dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth, startup repair, but nothing has worked so far, I can only boot using disable driver signature enforcement but that's not really a solution. I even tried sigverif, says it's all good

The funny thing is, 1803 was never installed, it's just a trap so that it can show me a blue screen again and when I boot with disable driver signature enforcement it says 1709 again...

Last edited:

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Apr 27, 2018
Wise Care 365 doesnt enable all its optimisations, 1 enables but seems to revert after reboot.

a little annoyance for sure, ive contacted wisecare about it.

other than that, not noticing any problems (yet)

Reactions: vtqhtr413
D

Deleted member 178

I still have the start menu resetting by itself, bug i had in FCU, fix is easy : delete the faulty account and recreate it.

Reactions: vtqhtr413
D

Deleted member 178

Danielx64

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 24, 2017
Well I did a clean install, everything almost went fine but couldn't get WinTV 8.5 installed.

Went back to 1709 and got it installed without any issues. Went back to 1803 and it installed just fine. All those windows installs were clean installs. The only thing that I could track it down to was that I also installed other software the first time around that may have created issues with hardware detection.

Other than that everything is going fine (beside Firefox crashing every now and then).

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
OEM partition is not hidden. File Explorer notifying Low disk space every few hours.

View attachment 187799View attachment 187800
Hello,
I'm not sure that my issue was the same , but after after installing W10 April updateI got a new Disk of 400-500 MB with only 30 MB free space and all the time a message saying that my hard disk is full !
I did not understand because I Don't have any partition on my hard disk.
So I decided to rollback to the previous version of W10 and I have blocked the updates for 1 month.
I had not done a Screenshot of the new partition but after downgrading W10 I have again only one disk...
What can I do ?

W10SSD1.PNG

On my other desktop I do not have this problem.

W10SSD2.PNG

Last edited:

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Hello,
I'm not sure that my issue was the same , but after after installing W10 April updateI got a new Disk of 400-500 MB with only 30 MB free space and all the time a message saying that my hard disk is full !
It's a known issue, where Windows mistakenly assigns a drive letter to the recovery partition, which is normally hidden.

Reactions: Weebarra and JB007
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.