How was your first experience with Windows 10 April Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
I'm not sure if I'm going to update this week. I can see a lot of people complaining on Reddit. I have device with Beats Audio and its drivers are the worst. Last time it took me about few hours to get everything working.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
I upgraded to Build 1803 and it is buggy as hell. I tried to go back to 1703, but Windows wouldn't let me to go back to the Build 1703. The fact is the Windows.old folder is still in my C drive. I upgraded from Build 1703 to 1803 yesterday midnight time. How I can fix this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_4.png
    Screenshot_4.png
    54.5 KB · Views: 297
  • Screenshot_5.png
    Screenshot_5.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 256
  • Screenshot_6.png
    Screenshot_6.png
    20.7 KB · Views: 253
  • Screenshot_7.png
    Screenshot_7.png
    60.9 KB · Views: 254

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
What bugs are you experiencing? Maybe someone with similar experiences can help you.

In the meantime, create a Recovery USB/ISO and Clean installation ISO/USB.

Microsoft Edge keeps running in the background automatically. Cortana, Windows Default Lock Screen, and Windows Shell Experience Host on SUSPENDED?! File Explorer keeps restarting randomly, and my Bitdefender Free can't scan the whole highlight document folders. Now, I can't go back to earlier build?! Windows.old folder is not delete yet.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I upgraded to Build 1803 and it is buggy as hell. I tried to go back to 1703, but Windows wouldn't let me to go back to the Build 1703. The fact is the Windows.old folder is still in my C drive. I upgraded from Build 1703 to 1803 yesterday midnight time. How I can fix this?
Try
  1. Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
  2. Run sfc /scannow
  3. Run DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth.
Don't touch these folders in the meantime $Windows.~BT and $Windows.~WS.

Try restoring to the previous version then. If it fails, remember the importance of the system imaging and backups.

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Update took about 2 hours. My machine appears to be running fine except I'm getting repeated CFA flags: "C:\Windows...\WmiPrvSE.exe was blocked from making changes to memory." And this new one today: "C:\...\OLRStateCheck.exe was blocked from making changes to %userprofiles%documents". This stuff is above my paygrade but it feels like CFA is preventing Windows from completely configuring the update, even though Windows says update successful. Help!

Just so you know, since the update I've been trying to uninstall a browser and it appears to be gone except a remnant generic program file still showing in its place in Apps. I installed IObit uninstaller and it doesn't show it.

HELP please!:confused:o_O:eek:

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
I need help.

I got a problem after I updated Windows.

After the update, I have no sound in my headset. How do I solve this?

You must check your privacy settings for your microfon. You must probably new activate the permission for the microfon in the settings.
Or your audio driver is broken and need a re-install

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
hi updated laptop took only 3 hours 2 tries plus another 15 mins to diasable junk not needed .Is it just me or is win10 getting bloated, seems alot of processes running.

Paul Lee

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2014
Had it brick my PC twice so I had to forcefully reboot twice. Then after it finished installing, it removed the custom wallpaper I had on my desktop. Took about 1 1/2 hours to install even with an SSD. I'm also noticing 4-6% more ram usage when nothing's running on startup. Strange update indeed.

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
I dont have expected any improvements with this update :sneaky:

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Try
  1. Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
  2. Run sfc /scannow
  3. Run DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
Don't touch these folders in the meantime $Windows.~BT and $Windows.~WS.

Try restoring to the previous version then. If it fails, remember the importance of the system imaging and backups.

Windows Update Troubleshooter doesn't find anything. SFC/scannow says no problem. DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth says successfully, but it doesn't solve my problem. My backups and system imaging is currently on this Build 1803. I don't have any Build 1703 backup. I still have $Windows.~BT and $Windows.~WS in my OS drive. How I can fix this? I think Windows think I delete these two folders, but the fact is I didn't?

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Windows Update Troubleshooter doesn't find anything. SFC/scannow says no problem. DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth says successfully, but it doesn't solve my problem. My backups and system imaging is currently on this Build 1803. I don't have any Build 1703 backup. I still have $Windows.~BT and $Windows.~WS in my OS drive. How I can fix this? I think Windows think I delete these two folders, but the fact is I didn't?
I am not aware of any other options you can try, unfortunately.

SherKaan

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
I updated it last night through WU, but it took a long time to complete which was extremely frustrating. Today, I suddenly was having brightness issues which led me to clean install the Intel HD driver and every thing works fine now. I had to manually restore some system settings though which were set to default after the update.

toto_10

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Feb 12, 2017
You must check your privacy settings for your microfon. You must probably new activate the permission for the microfon in the settings.
Or your audio driver is broken and need a re-install

My microphone is enabled in privacy settings and I reinstalled audio driver, nothing helped. It seems like my microphone is working when I'm testing it. I still have no sound in my headset. This is driving me crazy.

Another problem, when I look down in my task manager, I can see 3 "Runtime Broker" tasks running. Is this normal? As I remember before the update there was only 1 "Runtime Broker".

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.