Advice Request HP Elitebook 855 g7 with HP Secure Start and other additional original features worth the extra money?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

dicious

Thread author
Feb 10, 2020
Hello,
I am eyeing this 24Z97EA - HP EliteBook 855 G7 and thinking to myself if these functions

HP BIOSphere
HP Sure Start
HP Secure Erase
Absolute Persistence Module
HP Client Security

are worth that +33% increase in price (compared to basically the same model without it)?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Alternatively are there any other brand's laptops with security approach I should check?
Are you buying for personal or business? Do you have a set budget? Try: Build a PC & Upgrades

Manufacturer firmware do not have the best reputation when it comes to security and patching flaws in their code. They also come with additional bloatware that slows down loading times, and users have a hard time resolving.

HP Client Security:
  • Windows Hello supports Biometrics and Password-less sign-ins.

HP BIOSphere:
  • Claims to provide MBR and GPT protection?

HP Secure Erase:
  • HP Disk Sanitizer will not work on solid-state drives. Secure deletion doesn't always work.
  • You can find 3rd-party tools that can erase data and drives.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.