Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
I've seen this shared on Facebook

"Not only is it FREE, but we give you money. We know our anti-virus can be of huge benefit to many people. Challenging prime AV software companies is a rat race so we have put a different strategy in place to let people know about us. We are so confident in our product that we are offering to pay you cash for distributing our software to prove to you it's the best on the market. Learn more about getting paid here. Download and get paid! "

Interesting strategy.

Have anyone tried or tested this AV?

Download Link
https://www.hyperlinkrewards.com/

Last edited:

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
That's really interesting, but I personally don't think it's worth the time and effort.

They don't specifically say how the money generated, what's the catch to this whole thing?

Last edited:
Reactions: OokamiCreed

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Currently giving this AV a run through. Noticed a few problems. It needs Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 in order to function by the way. The updater seems stalled.

Screenshot_from_2015_06_02_12_30_03.png

A lot of the modules are offline due to a free license. I saw some Russian word in here so I assume this AV is Russian? Don't matter. The update to a new version of the product failed. I should have been up-to-date when I downloaded it off the site in the first place. And if you need a pro license or something to get the update... that's just stupid and greedy.

Windows_8_Core.png

Even after restarting the update would not finish. Also Windows doesn't recognize it as an AV so it will give you a warning that you have no antivirus/antispyware installed. Yet another huge flaw. The full AV will download after you run the file you download. It's around 90MB. This AV also run around 25MB to 30MB of RAM.

You also seem to not be able to custom scan/context scan/right click scan files. What's the point of this AV... Did a fast scan and it took over 70% of the CPU (I gave it 2 cores of a quad core with 3GB of RAM). It's not very good at detecting full on viruses. It only seemed to be able to catch one.

Windows_8_Core.png

check https://www.hyperlinkrewards.com/ for link earnings.

I am testing this now. See if it can take care of local malwares.

Maybe your testing will go smoother. It not being able to update even with the necessary software installed to allow it to run is probably why it performed so poorly. In general though, I'd recommend people to stay away from this thing. Wouldn't surprise me if it steals signatures from another AV and just wants your money.

Edit: I did not test if it had a web blocker. It doesn't list having one so I'd imagine no.

Last edited:

dhul.karnain

Level 2
Verified
May 21, 2013
lol at the number and names of licences:

Free
Home
Professional
Premium
Gold
Platinum
Titanium
Octanium
Infinity

EDIT: the names of their "techonologies" are also cringeworthy:
Technology VirusAntiterror " ®, "Technology nanobaiting" ®, neuronal nanoanalysis, nanohounding technology

A lot of love for the word 'nano' - I guess they think it sounds cool and sci-fi.

And it just keeps coming:

"Out affiliate program is a master piece of intellectual achievements by Israelis group of scientists"
Really? And here I thought it was just a pyramid scheme.

"Accumulations of profits occur volubility of each user in the system in the overall "
What?

Last edited:

WinXPert

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
although i didn't had some hassles installing it, so far i rate it as crapware. no exception rule. i can't even run my home brew apps because it's always blocked as a trojan. it allowed to run a more than a year old worm.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Since its run under of C++ of Microsoft, therefore the actual concept of running an Antivirus may not be a workable or very difficult to implement; however it doesn't mean totally useless, likely a more polishing and thorough development to obtain a full AV.

The website is very complicated and does not contain unique certain features for whole bunch of flavors; the name itself is more on advertising/PTC ;)

Last edited:

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
lol at the number and names of licences:

Free
Home
Professional
Premium
Gold
Platinum
Titanium
Octanium
Infinity

EDIT: the names of their "techonologies" are also cringeworthy:
Technology VirusAntiterror " ®, "Technology nanobaiting" ®, neuronal nanoanalysis, nanohounding technology

A lot of love for the word 'nano' - I guess they think it sounds cool and sci-fi.

And it just keeps coming:

"Out affiliate program is a master piece of intellectual achievements by Israelis group of scientists"
Really? And here I thought it was just a pyramid scheme.

"Accumulations of profits occur volubility of each user in the system in the overall "
What?

LOL good post.

They kopped out on the "top" version must have ran out of grandiose names ? How about Spectacularium or Apexium ?

As for scientists I prefer mine Japanese or Swiss.

All that nano maybe something to do with that Russian AV Nano ?

Must give it a whirl if ever I get time.

Regards Eck:)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.