Troubleshoot I cannot delete temp files! How to do this?

inboxmlr

Thread author
Jun 15, 2019
Thanks for this community.

I am trying to delete some files from the temp folder but I could not either delete/copy/upload to Virustotal or anything. I tried all the ways possible to delete these files radomnumber.temp using some programs/ using ccleaner. disk cleanup/ cmd... etc but I could not delete them. When I tru to upload them to virustotal . it says the files are actives should be stopped first so that it can be uploaded. using winrar to rar them.. no possible wazy hepled me to get the rid of them.

I tried to look on the process hacker / TCP/IP viewers / cports could not find anything attached to these files on the temp files folder.

Is there any other possiblez way I can get rid of these temp folder files ../:?

Thank you very much.

Best Regards

Attachments

• Temp Files .png
    Temp Files .png
    22.2 KB · Views: 529
  • upload to Virus total message .png
    upload to Virus total message .png
    30.5 KB · Views: 586

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
The log files are from the Windows Fax and Scan service and can be deleted if you disable it. To delete the other files, try doing so in Safe Mode.

Most likely you don't have malware on your computer.
FXSAPIDebugLogFile.txt is related to the Windows Fax and Scan service.
To disable this service:
Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows Features On or Off
Under Print and Document Services, look for Windows Fax and Scan
Uncheck it, click OK, and restart
You can now delete FXSAPIDebugLogFile.txt

You can later re-enable the Fax and Scan service if something doesn't work right.

Upvote 0

inboxmlr

Thread author
Jun 15, 2019
The log files are from the Windows Fax and Scan service and can be deleted if you disable it. To delete the other files, try doing so in Safe Mode.

Most likely you don't have malware on your computer.

Thank you very much for your feedback. well the hing is not about FXSAPIDebugLogFile.txt it about the other files. I winder if you know to copy them outside so that i can upload them to VirusTotal.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.