Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
cannot make UEFI USB AOMEI bootable drive
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
none
I cannot make UEFI USB AOMEI bootable drive on my two computers. Latest version of AOMEI. AOMEI success everything, but there is no folder or file inside my USB drive and when I try to boot from my USB it doesn't boot anything because my USB drive is empty.
Screenshot_3.png

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Switch to Macrium Reflect. See if the same thing happens.

Macrium Reflect said my USB is not supported because of GPT aka UEFI?????
Screenshot_2.png

Did you format your USB? Open File Explorer, right-click on the USB drive and then click "Format." I had to format my USB for the media creation tool.

I manual format and also let AOMEI format as well, but there is no folder or file after AOMEI finish creating the media for my USB. My laptop has no CD/DVD player. CD/DVD works fine with AOMEI, but not with USB flash drive. I have two USB drives and both show the same result. This is Windows PE USB bootable not Linux.
Screenshot_7.png

Screenshot_6.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I cannot make UEFI USB AOMEI bootable drive on my two computers. Latest version of AOMEI. AOMEI success everything, but there is no folder or file inside my USB drive and when I try to boot from my USB it doesn't boot anything because my USB drive is empty.
View attachment 203549

Welcome to the world of Windows, Windows software and Windows security.

You better get used to stuff like this. Just remember, you aren't the only one. Never-ending problems is quite common.

With all your something is wrong posts you explicitly show that the Windows ecosystem is garbage.

Instead of FAT32 on your USB Flash Drive, try formatting it as NTFS. It's worth a shot.

Upvote 0

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Welcome to the world of Windows, Windows software and Windows security.

You better get used to stuff like this. Just remember, you aren't the only one. Never-ending problems is quite common.

With all your something is wrong posts you explicitly show that the Windows ecosystem is garbage.

Instead of FAT32 on your USB Flash Drive, try formatting it as NTFS. It's worth a shot.

I don't want no trouble, but trouble keeps finding me like what the heck? NVT rekt my laptop Windows Update hard that I have to perform a full disk restore, but AOMEI can't restore because it is missing or corrupting WinPE thing and suggesting me to create a bootable media. Formatting my USB to NTFS instead of FAT32 no work at all. I can create a bootable CD/DVD using AOMEI, but my laptop has no CD/DVD player.

AOMEI says everything is done, but my USB drive is empty and space is not taking anything at all? This rage makes me want to destroy something. :devil:

Upvote 0

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Do you have admin privilege when doing this?
You can also try to make an iso instead of burning it directly to you flash drive. Then burn the iso to your flash drive using Rufus or similar tool.
I know it's a bit cumbersome but it might just work using this workaround.

I am the only admin account on this desktop try to make a bootable media to fix my laptop rekt Windows Update. I can download Rufus to make a UEFI bootable USB, but where can I get Aomei ISO?????

Upvote 0

Inappropriate Language
I don't want no trouble, but trouble keeps finding me like what the heck? NVT rekt my laptop Windows Update hard that I have to perform a full disk restore, but AOMEI can't restore because it is missing or corrupting WinPE thing and suggesting me to create a bootable media. Formatting my USB to NTFS instead of FAT32 no work at all. I can create a bootable CD/DVD using AOMEI, but my laptop has no CD/DVD player.

AOMEI says everything is done, but my USB drive is empty and space is not taking anything at all? This rage makes me want to destroy something. :devil:

You spend hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars on a system and it is nothing but problems from the very first day = Windows.

Wrestling with Windows or something in that ecosystem every single day, constantly trying to fix problems, always having to troubleshoot isn't my idea of a noble profession. It just makes the Admin Microsoft's little b****.

Upvote 0

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I remember there were some problems with boot options from AOMEI, in the time I was thinking of going to use it. Check a few things
  • If Explorer doesn't show anything on the drive, it doesn't mean the drive is empty, check hidden stuff or even sub hidden (invisible) system data, 7zip can see those. When you play with boot tools these things are common, Rufus, Sardu, and Easy2Boot do similar things to your USB drive. So if the drive is apparently empty, it doesn't mean it isn't bootable.
  • File system usually isn't important for booting from USB, unless you are doing UEFI install, then it must be FAT32 formatted, although that problem was also exceeded lately with ISOs bigger than 4GB
  • AOMEI has an option for creating an ISO file, in the same section of the program where you tried creating a bootable USB, try creating ISO first then create bootable USB with Rufus
  • GPT and UEFI are tricky things, don't behave as expected on different hardware, so try booting from MBR formatted drive (USB), Rufus can do that for you.
  • In the end, if everything above fails. Try booting with YUMI or Easy2Boot.

Upvote 0

redsworn

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 6, 2017
I am the only admin account on this desktop try to make a bootable media to fix my laptop rekt Windows Update. I can download Rufus to make a UEFI bootable USB, but where can I get Aomei ISO?????
I said to MAKE it. There's an option to CREATE an iso instead of burning it directly to your flash drive.
What the hell with your excessive use of question mark? We're trying to help you here. No wonder you can't solve a simple problem like this. You can't keep your head cool.

Reactions: dinosaur07
Upvote 0

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Upvote 0

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
I said to MAKE it. There's an option to CREATE an iso instead of burning it directly to your flash drive.
What the hell with your excessive use of question mark? We're trying to help you here. No wonder you can't solve a simple problem like this. You can't keep your head cool.
I remember there were some problems with boot options from AOMEI, in the time I was thinking of going to use it. Check a few things
  • If Explorer doesn't show anything on the drive, it doesn't mean the drive is empty, check hidden stuff or even sub hidden (invisible) system data, 7zip can see those. When you play with boot tools these things are common, Rufus, Sardu, and Easy2Boot do similar things to your USB drive. So if the drive is apparently empty, it doesn't mean it isn't bootable.
  • File system usually isn't important for booting from USB, unless you are doing UEFI install, then it must be FAT32 formatted, although that problem was also exceeded lately with ISOs bigger than 4GB
  • AOMEI has an option for creating an ISO file, in the same section of the program where you tried creating a bootable USB, try creating ISO first then create bootable USB with Rufus
  • GPT and UEFI are tricky things, don't behave as expected on different hardware, so try booting from MBR formatted drive (USB), Rufus can do that for you.
  • In the end, if everything above fails. Try booting with YUMI or Easy2Boot.

I got the ISO and Rufus, and both my PC can't boot into it. When I try NTFS, Rufus and my motherboard secure boot have to turn off.

Did you guys figure it out? I had the same problem with AOMEI. Forget it!
What I ended up doing is I downloaded AOMEI PE Builder:
AOMEI PE Builder|Create Windows PE bootable disk, USB or CD/DVD, with AOMEI PE Builder

It will create an even better Windows PE bootable. Turn it into an .iso file. Then I used Rufus:
Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way
and flashed the iso to my USB.

AOMEI PE will create ISO to use with Rufus?

Upvote 0

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
I got the ISO and Rufus, and both my PC can't boot into it. When I try NTFS, Rufus and my motherboard secure boot have to turn off.

AOMEI PE will create ISO to use with Rufus?
Oh! You know I got into the same situation. I ended up doing a full format of the USB drive which takes a long time (40 min for me). But after that I flashed again and it worked and booted. And don't create a label for the USB. Just leave all the settings as they are. (y)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I select browse the ISO, Select GPT, UEFI ( Non-CSM), FAT32, and allow Rufus to format the drive.

OK, what happens when you boot from that UEFI (GPT) USB, you just created? Did you try combinations :
  1. NTFS GPT / Secure Boot enabled
  2. NTFS GPT / Secure Boot disabled
  3. NTFS MBR / Secure Boot disabled
  4. FAT32 GPT / Secure Boot enabled
  5. FAT32 GPT / Secure Boot disabled
  6. FAT32 MBR / Secure Boot disabled

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.