Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Website bug?
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Temp disposal email.
I don't remember seeing this pop up on AOMEI site in the past, but even typing fake email I still can't download it.
Screenshot_5.png

Reactions: Weebarra

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Upvote 0
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

I don't know which link is the official one. The aomeitech.com or the backup-utility.com site?! As far as I know, the aomeitech.com is the official one and the backup-utility.com is the phishing one in my view.

Well then it isn't detected by ublock or VT. The file scans clean on VT
ScreenHunter_108 May. 21 16.00.jpg

Reactions: SumTingWong
Upvote 0

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Try a different browser. It is possible the browser you are using does not like a web page script or something similar.

Edge and Chrome don't work. Some dude replied to my thread on AOMEI said FireFox doesn't work either.

Upvote 0
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Lockdown

It is downloadable. STW just doesn't want or trust downloading it from a redirected page. Nothing more we can do. I already posted shots of the file from VT and also the URL. Both were clean.

Upvote 0

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Lockdown

It is downloadable. STW just doesn't want or trust downloading it from a redirected page. Nothing more we can do. I already posted shots of the file from VT and also the URL. Both were clean.

First of all, nowhere that Aomeitech.com redirected me to backup-utility.com ever. Second, it doesn't work with both Google Chrome and Edge even no extension enable. Third, you are making me like I am an idiot or crazy because you downloaded from backup-utility.com in which I have no idea what the hell it is or you downloaded from Aomeitech.com. Fourth, why a company need to have 2 download websites? Backup-utility.com doesn't requires an email, while Aomeitech.com requires an email. If both were owned by Aomei, then both should require an email. Fifth, The first result when I typed " Aomei " in Gogle is Aomeitech.com not backup-utility.com.

I don't know backup-utility.com, but one thing I know it looks like a phishing page of Aomei for sure. The name of the webpage is already triggered a red flag to me. I already tested this on two machines and I still don't know how you are able to download it from Aomeitech.com. Perhaps, Aomeitech.com don't work on Google Chrome and Edge? One guy replied to my thread on Aomei forums said that he is unable to download it from Internet Explorer and FireFox.

Anyway, I'ma contact Aomei support and ask them about backup-utility.com site because this site is new to me. I didn't know Aomei have two download website in the first place.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

STW

I downloaded the full version from their website named Backupper Full.
I clicked on their site for the free version named just Backupper and it took me to the page I posted above. I used Edge for both. That is all I can say about it.
I also had Ublock Origin running at the same time. I hope to hear what support says about backup-utility.com

Reactions: SumTingWong
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 69059

Hi SumTingWong,

The domain backup-utility.com is part of Aoemi company. At the bottom left of the aomeitech.com website (in the section "AOMEI PRODUCTIONS") you can see a link to backup-utility.com with the anchor text "Windows Backup Software".

1527024274737.png

It seems that for marketing/businnes/SEO reasons, Aoemi uses differents domains for Its products, for example, they have other software called Windows Partition Manager which have a individual website (hxxps://disk-partition.com) as AOMEI Backupper with backup-utility.com.

On the other hands, if the domain were a phishing site, it was discovered long time ago, since it was registered in 2003 see here backup-utility.com whois lookup - who.is

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Hi SumTingWong,

The domain backup-utility.com is part of Aoemi company. At the bottom left of the aomeitech.com website (in the section "AOMEI PRODUCTIONS") you can see a link to backup-utility.com with the anchor text "Windows Backup Software".

View attachment 189040

It seems that for marketing/businnes/SEO reasons, Aoemi uses differents domains for Its products, for example, they have other software called Windows Partition Manager which have a individual website (hxxps://disk-partition.com) as AOMEI Backupper with backup-utility.com.

On the other hands, if the domain were a phishing site, it was discovered long time ago, since it was registered in 2003 see here backup-utility.com whois lookup - who.is

Thankyou and now hope this ends this worry STW has. Still waiting to see what support says.

Upvote 0

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Hi SumTingWong,

Thank you for this useful information.
Thankyou and now hope this ends this worry STW has. Still waiting to see what support says.

I got the support replied, and he/she said it is belongs to Aomei.
Screenshot_20180522-173418.png

Upvote 0

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
YEE HAWWWWW Issue closed or can you still not download it ? I do have an extra hat STW LOL

I can download it from backup-utility.com, but not aomeitech.com . I guess the issue is solve now. Now I learn that backup-utility.com belongs to Aomei and not a phishing page of Aomei.

Last edited:
Reactions: CyberTech
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.