I got my MacBook Pro

Nevi

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
I just wanted to show you my new Macbook. It's really responsive and fast. i7 CPU, 16GB RAM and a NVMe disc. I got it! :)

IMG_0020.jpeg

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
You buy a child toy ? Looks like the toy computers that my daughter have to play.... ;):)

My girlfriend have one MAC M1, and the battery have no limit, the build its amazing when you old the mac in your hand you realize where the extra money go.
It's not for me, because of the limitations that apple make to their SOs (in personalization, in software and changes to software), but it's a SO that is set and forget don't need extra maintenance.

Excellent choice, I advise one AV.

In this image, both computers are made of aluminum, top and bottom. Apparently it's only a matter of theist, but when you old booth computers in your hand, you have that felling of quality in construction on the mac, something that it's difficult to explain, but that make all the difference.

image0.jpeg

Last edited:

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
Not required.

Seasoned Windows users can safely use Mac without worrying about where to spend their next $30. If not, then they didn't learn anything about security for Windows.

If exist money to make and just code to break, it will be broke... I really recommend an AV just because... nothing is safe. Ask NSA how they access iPhone camera and read iMessage...

Nevi

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
I would recommend a AX router because they are wifi 6. I have also have had good luck with powerline adapters.

I’m jealous! How is it?:D
Very responsive and fast. But being used to Windows, I need to learn about it, and the magic mouse. Lot's of new things. Thanks for asking. :)

Congrats man! use MacBook for the first time? :)
Yes it's my first Mac, but I'm really happy about it. So many new things. :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
If exist money to make and just code to break, it will be broke... I really recommend an AV just because... nothing is safe. Ask NSA how they access iPhone camera and read iMessage...
Hackers and the NSA do not need access to your local device when you data is stored in the cloud. What's an AV going to do, when all it can do is protect your local device.

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
Hackers and the NSA do not need access to your local device when you data is stored in the cloud. What's an AV going to do, when all it can do is protect your local device.

Why in the cloud... My passwords in my iphone are not in the cloud, many people don't use passwords managers, they memorize the passwords and used in the browser.
If I want to make money, I will use a keylogger, maybe in some application of GitHub that will be interesting for MAC users, like some application to crack or modify Spotify.
Cloud will not protect Mac users, what protect the MAC users is the core of the OS that is much more close than Windows core.
I think that an AV in a MAC will make no harm and give much more security and tranquility to the user, but this is my opinion.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
More people use the cloud now than ever before.

Speaking of the cloud. @Nevi iCloud is a great option for more online storage. If multiple people in your household use Apple devices, the iCloud Family plan is relatively inexpensive at $2.49 per month. With new iCloud+ functions coming soon for no extra cost.
iCloud Private Relay is a new service that prevents networks and servers from monitoring user activity across the internet.

And it's available as part of every iCloud+ subscription.

Private Relay not only protects users when they're browsing the web, but also adds protection to the traffic generated by your app to make sure you're not unintentionally leaking user information or exposing users to security attacks.
1624017289028.png

Nevi

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
More people use the cloud now than ever before.

Speaking of the cloud. @Nevi iCloud is a great option for more online storage. If multiple people in your household use Apple devices, the iCloud Family plan is relatively inexpensive at $2.49 per month. With new iCloud+ functions coming soon for no extra cost.

View attachment 259117
I do use icloud. Maybe I jump up to + now. Thanks for the suggestion.

SpiderWeb

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2020
I'm planning on getting the next MacBook Air with an improved M1/M2. I think the security flaws in Intel CPUs scare me too much even though I'm on a Pixelbook Go which gets plenty of amazing microcode tweaks straight from Google security team. But the problem is the i7 in Pixelbook Go is struggling to push the pixels on the 4k display.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.