Advice Request I need help regarding to AdGuard Browser extension

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
So I found out what cause hxxps://www3.gogoanime.se/ to broken. The culprit is the English filter enabled in AdGuard, how can I whitelist this site from English filter only? It is annoying thar I have manually turn off English filter to view all anime episodes each time I visit this site.

Last edited:

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
So I found out what cause hxxps://www3.gogoanime.se/ to broken. The culprit is the English filter enabled in AdGuard, how can I whitelist this site from English filter only? It is annoying thar I have manually turn off English filter to view all anime episodes each time I visit this site.

As far as I know, you can whitelist website for sure. but to whitelist for a particular filter may b not possible at this moment.

you may report it back to adguard forum. Hopefully, they will sort it out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
I did report it to them for 2 days, and they still haven't fixed it.

hmmm... So that you've posted it here. btw can ya elaborate what's actually d case? because I can access d website opera_2018-06-28_19-29-22.png without having any impediment & I do have adguard with english filter enabled.

Upvote 0

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I quickly tested the page with adguard extension
no problem, the movie loaded perfectly

I tried it on my main browser with all extensions. It didn't load well. I found the culprit was malwarebytes although I disabled all the protection modules in MB. Completely disabling malwarebytes made the website load perfectly

Upvote 0

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018

Why are you using Adguard? Why not uBlock Origin or Nano Adblocker? Whitelisting is a breeze.

Upvote 0

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
hmmm... So that you've posted it here. btw can ya elaborate what's actually d case? because I can access d website View attachment 191211 without having any impediment & I do have adguard with english filter enabled.
I quickly tested the page with adguard extension
no problem, the movie loaded perfectly

I tried it on my main browser with all extensions. It didn't load well. I found the culprit was malwarebytes although I disabled all the protection modules in MB. Completely disabling malwarebytes made the website load perfectly
I must say, the OP's username is quite ironic in this situation :D
Why are you using Adguard? Why not uBlock Origin or Nano Adblocker? Whitelisting is a breeze.
Screenshot_3.png
Screenshot_4.png

Upvote 0

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
I don't see the message with only english filter enabled
View attachment 191215

What message? The message I typed in the picture that I posted? Disabled English filter solve the issue to me on this site only. Here is the filter that I enabled on AdGuard. I did turn off one by one filter, and to the point that I turn off English filter that is when I can see all anime episodes available.
Screenshot_7.png

Upvote 0

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
What message? The message I typed in the picture that I posted? Disabled English filter solve the issue to me on this site only. Here is the filter that I enabled on AdGuard.
View attachment 191216

english filter ain't d culprit 2018-06-28_20-44-20.png. 2018-06-28_20-45-27.png. But the problem is related with adguard for sure. There is problem in page prcossing while multiple filter is enabled along with english filter.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
english filter ain't d culprit View attachment 191217. View attachment 191218. But the problem is related with adguard for sure. There is problem in page prcossing while multiple filter is enabled along with english filter.

How English filter is not the culprit? I tested on my two machines with only English filter enabled. English filter enabled only on two machines blocked the available episodes displayed. All filters are up-to-date. If I turn off English filter on hxxps://www3.gogoanime.se/ site will work, but on hxxp://www.gogoanime.to will display ads. :(
Screenshot_8.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
What message? The message I typed in the picture that I posted? Disabled English filter solve the issue to me on this site only. Here is the filter that I enabled on AdGuard. I did turn off one by one filter, and to the point that I turn off English filter that is when I can see all anime episodes available.
View attachment 191216
sorry, I misunderstood it
english filter is definitely the culprit

solution: add this rule to User filter, 100% will solve the problem
Code:
@@||www3.gogoanime.se/statics/js/jquery.js$domain=www3.gogoanime.se

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
you may try this also
Code:
@@https://www3.gogoanime.se/statics/js/jquery.js|$domain=www3.gogoanime.se

but I'm still wondering how I got that same page working with english filter enabled.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.