Advice Request I need help regarding to AdGuard Browser extension

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
So I found out what cause hxxps://www3.gogoanime.se/ to broken. The culprit is the English filter enabled in AdGuard, how can I whitelist this site from English filter only? It is annoying thar I have manually turn off English filter to view all anime episodes each time I visit this site.

Last edited:

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
I suppose you have tried the AdGuard logger to identify the block. I know that's not simple as I'm stymied in my own way dealing with the recent "Messages for web" feature added to Android Messages.

Upvote 0

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I have found that Adguard Ad-blocker (extension) sometimes breaks websites or hides elements that are needed for the user.

@SumTingWong If you have time, can you test the website with uBlock Origin?
I agree, the break on his page was caused by an additional rule in English filter which is not present in Easylist

ublock is the best. Or he can disable english filter and enable Easylist in adguard

Upvote 0

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
I have found that Adguard Ad-blocker (extension) sometimes breaks websites or hides elements that are needed for the user.

@SumTingWong If you have time, can you test the website with uBlock Origin?

What filter I need to enable on Ublock Origin? Any recommend filters? I would love to switch over Ublock Origin.

Upvote 0

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
What filter I need to enable on Ublock Origin? Any recommend filters? I would love to switch over Ublock Origin.
Easylist or English filter (english is the same as adguard and can break your website)
Adblock Warning Removal List
Fanboy’s Enhanced Tracking List
Adguard’s Annoyance List
http://www.jabcreations.com/downloads/adblock-filters.php
https://www.squidblacklist.org/downloads/dg-ads.acl
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/StevenBlack/hosts/master/hosts
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Hubird-au/Adversity/master/Adversity.txt
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/zpacman/Blockzilla/master/Blockzilla.txt
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/I...k-Filters-Plus/master/uBlock-Filters-Plus.txt
+ your regional filter

optional:
http://1hosts.cf/

some useful user filters I collected:
# Redirect Google services
||doubleclick.net/instream/ad_status.js$script,redirect=doubleclick.net/instream/ad_status.js,important
||google-analytics.com/analytics.js$script,redirect=google-analytics.com/analytics.js,important
||google-analytics.com/ga.js$script,redirect=google-analytics.com/ga.js,important
||google-analytics.com/plugins/ga/inpage_linkid.js$script,redirect=google-analytics.com/inpage_linkid.js,important
||googletagservices.com/tag/js/gpt.js$script,redirect=googletagservices.com/gpt.js,important
||scorecardresearch.com/beacon.js$script,redirect=scorecardresearch.com/beacon.js,important
||googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js$script,redirect=googlesyndication.com/adsbygoogle.js,important

# Block social media only as third-party
facebook.net*^$third-party
facebook.com*^$third-party
twitter.com^$third-party
instagram.com^$third-party
pinterest.com^$third-party
sharethrough.com^$third-party
addthis.com^$third-party
snapchat.com^$third-party

# Generic filters (domains starting with)
||ad.*^
||adimg.*^
||adimage.*^
||admanage.*^
||admanager.*^
||ads1.*^
||ads2.*^
||ads3.*^
||ads4.*^
||ads5.*^
||ads6.*^
||ads7.*^
||ads8.*^
||ads9.*^
||adserv.*^
||adserve.*^
||adserver.*^
||adserver1.*^
||advertise.*^
||advertising.*^
||affiliate.*^
||affiliates.*^
||analytics.*^
||audience.*^
||banner.*^
||banners.*^
||beacon.*^
||beacons.*^
||click.*^
||clicks.*^
||log.*^
||logs.*^
||logger*.
||tags.*^
||track.*^
||tracker.*^
||tracking.*^

you can find more filters here:
Q&A - [Updated 7/6/2018] Browser extension comparison: Malwares and Phishings

Upvote 0

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Upvote 0

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Do I have to copy and paste them on custom in Ublock?
the first 4 filters, you can enable in ublock main UI, they are default filters, you can disable most other filters

other filters, scroll down to the bottom, click import, copy the links of those filters to the box and click apply

for user filters, you have to copy and paste similarly to adguard. Go to the tab My filters

Upvote 0

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
the first 4 filters, you can enable in ublock main UI, they are default filters, you can disable most other filters

other filters, scroll down to the bottom, click import, copy the links of those filters to the box and click apply

for user filters, you have to copy and paste similarly to adguard. Go to the tab My filters

I just copy those 6 links and paste it to custom import, but the problem is it doesn't block the ads on hxxp://www.gogoanime.to/

Upvote 0

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I just copy those 6 links and paste it to custom import, but the problem is it doesn't block the ads on hxxp://www.gogoanime.to/
what ads? I don't see any. Did you enable easylist?
in my setting, I use adguard english filter instead of easylist but the result should be similar

1.PNGCapture.PNG

EDIT: sorry, english filter blocked the ads but easylist failed to block the ads on both sides

you can disable easylist and add english filter here
https://filters.adtidy.org/extension/ublock/filters/2.txt

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
what ads? I don't see any. Did you enable easylist?
in my setting, I use adguard english filter instead of easylist but the result should be similar

View attachment 191283View attachment 191284

EDIT: sorry, english filter blocked the ads but easylist failed to block the ads on both sides

The ads on both sides. These are the filters that I enabled in Ublock:
1) Built in
Ublock filter, ublock filters - anonyances, ublock filters - badware risk, ublock filters - privacy, ublock filters - resource abuse, ublock filters - unbreak,
2) Ads
Adblock Warning Removal List, EasyList
3) Privacy
EasyPrivacy
4) Malware Domains
Malware domain list, malware domains
5) Annoyances
Adguard's annoyance list
Fanboy's annoyance list
6) multi-purpose
Peter low's ad and tracking server list

Upvote 0

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
The ads on both sides. These are the filters that I enabled on the UI:
1) Built in
Ublock filter, ublock filters - anonyances, ublock filters - badware risk, ublock filters - privacy, ublock filters - resource abuse, ublock filters - unbreak,
2) Ads
3) Privacy
EasyPrivacy
4) Malware Domains
5) Annoyances
Adguard's annoyance list
Fanboy's annoyance list
6) multi-purpose
looks good
however, easylist simply misses the ads
only english filter can block it because it has a special rule which is made specifically for that website by the developer. It can't be blocked by any generic filters
english filter = easylist + adguard extra filters

you can add the english filter in my post above and remove easylist

Upvote 0

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
The ads on both sides. These are the filters that I enabled in Ublock:
1) Built in
2) Ads
3) Privacy
EasyPrivacy
4) Malware Domains
5) Annoyances
Adguard's annoyance list
Fanboy's annoyance list
6) multi-purpose

try adguard base filter to see whether ads get blocked or not on that website

Upvote 0

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
looks good
however, easylist simply misses the ads
only english filter can block it because it has a special rule which is made specifically for that website by the developer. It can't be blocked by any generic filters
english filter = easylist + adguard extra filters

you can add the english filter in my post above and remove easylist

Where is the english filter in ublock?
@yitworths AdGuard Some of the anime on hxxp://www.gogoanime.to/category/new-release image doesn't display at all with Adguard English filter.

Reactions: Weebarra
Upvote 0

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
Adguard base filter broke hxxps://www3.gogoanime.se/( cannot view available episodes) and hxxp://www.gogoanime.to/category/new-release(Some image can't display at all).

then we may conclude problem is directly related with adguard's english filter. As for now, you at least have one workaround for gogoanime.se.
Adguard should re-edit their filter, you may open a ticket in github- don't know how effective that would be.

Upvote 0

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.