Advice Request I need help regarding to AdGuard Browser extension

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
So I found out what cause hxxps://www3.gogoanime.se/ to broken. The culprit is the English filter enabled in AdGuard, how can I whitelist this site from English filter only? It is annoying thar I have manually turn off English filter to view all anime episodes each time I visit this site.

Last edited:

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
It sounds like this is a site you visit often. If this is the case, you may try uBO or better yet Nano Adblocker (in Edge or Google) in Advanced User Medium Mode (block 3rd party frames & scripts). If the site breaks, take a little bit of time unbreaking it via uBO or NA drop-down menu and once it's stable and functional you'll never have to mess with ever again. No filters, nada. A little trial & error and you're set. If it's a frequent site of yours it's worth the effort and you will advance your skill level. I find Nano Adblocker in Edge works beautifully this way for most sites - without breakage and tweaking.
Edit: By the way, Advanced User Medium Mode is the dev's (Gorhill's) recommended method for using uBO - and by extension Nano Adblocker.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
It sounds like this is a site you visit often. If this is the case, you may try uBO or better yet Nano Adblocker (in Edge or Google) in Advanced User Medium Mode (block 3rd party frames & scripts). If the site breaks, take a little bit of time unbreaking it via uBO or NA drop-down menu and once it's stable and functional you'll never have to mess with ever again. No filters, nada. A little trial & error and you're set. If it's a frequent site of yours it's worth the effort and you will advance your skill level. I find Nano Adblocker in Edge works beautifully this way for most sites - without breakage and tweaking.
Edit: By the way, Advanced User Medium Mode is the dev's (Gorhill's) recommended method for using uBO - and by extension Nano Adblocker.

It still doesn't block ads on hxxp://www.gogoanime.to/

Reactions: Weebarra
Upvote 0

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
It still doesn't block ads on hxxp://www.gogoanime.to/

What ads? it does block, check my addons >
D7Xr86x.jpg
30??? what about you??

Upvote 0

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
I can't even GET to hxxp://www.gogoanime.to/ but I can get to the https: version with no breakage or ads!

I put hxxp instead of http is to prevent people " accidently " click on it you know? like some think that site is malicious. I can get to www.gogoanime.to/ if I don't mind the image display broken with English filter enabled or English filter off with ads display on both side and image work. I don't know how your work because it doesn't make sense to me at all.

Upvote 0

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Ads on both side. Ublock origin 20 and Adguard 21. Ublock origin with Adguard's English filter will break gogoanime.to site.
View attachment 191287

Well first of all, i have an idea. uninstall uBlock Origin then reinstall it because its mess up ok i uploaded my filters you can restore file from my filters txt here's the link MEGA download it from there, then uBlock Origin > Settings > Restore file from...

Upvote 0

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Well first of all, i have an idea. uninstall uBlock Origin then reinstall it because its mess up ok i uploaded my filters you can restore file from my filters txt here's the link MEGA download it from there, then uBlock Origin > Settings > Restore file from...

I did restore using your text file and it still broke image on gogoanime.to site.

Upvote 0

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Well i'm glad that blocked ads.

How to fix images:
Go to the site then look at this..

Mine show color red, and it doesn't solve the image broken. I don't even know -.-

I think I will stick with it. At least Adguard blocked the ads on www.gogoanime.to with broken images better than missed ads. I already solved broken site on www3.gogoanime.se/ with the user filter.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Mine show color red, and it doesn't solve the image broken. I don't even know -.-

I think I will stick with it. At least Adguard blocked the ads on www.gogoanime.to with broken images better than missed ads. I already solved broken site on www3.gogoanime.se/ with the user filter.

Hover cursor where "images" are red, you will see light gray, dark gray, green & red as the cursor hovers in the area. When you see Dark Gray or Green, click. If this doesn't work, have you watched this wonderful & funny tutorial? htps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lisQQmWQkYl

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.