Advice Request I need help regarding to AdGuard Browser extension

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
So I found out what cause hxxps://www3.gogoanime.se/ to broken. The culprit is the English filter enabled in AdGuard, how can I whitelist this site from English filter only? It is annoying thar I have manually turn off English filter to view all anime episodes each time I visit this site.

Last edited:

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Hover cursor where "images" are red, you will see light gray, dark gray, green & red as the cursor hovers in the area. When you see Dark Gray or Green, click. If this doesn't work, have you watched this wonderful & funny tutorial? htps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lisQQmWQkYl

I did click either dark gray or green, and it still doesn't solve the issue at all. I give up. My two machines show same symptom as well.
@CyberTech Broken image still. On Adguard, disable English filter will solve broken images display, but let ads through.
Screenshot_11.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
solution 1:
@SumTingWong

solution 2:
use easylist and add this filter, make sure you don't do the step I did in the video
add this to user filter
Code:
||www.gogoanime.to/scripts*.png$image

using adblocker is like using AV. They have signatures and very high chance of getting false positive
adguard english filter has a lot of false positives but more powerful than the default easylist

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
It sounds like this is a site you visit often. If this is the case, you may try uBO or better yet Nano Adblocker (in Edge or Google) in Advanced User Medium Mode (block 3rd party frames & scripts). If the site breaks, take a little bit of time unbreaking it via uBO or NA drop-down menu and once it's stable and functional you'll never have to mess with ever again. No filters, nada. A little trial & error and you're set. If it's a frequent site of yours it's worth the effort and you will advance your skill level. I find Nano Adblocker in Edge works beautifully this way for most sites - without breakage and tweaking.
Edit: By the way, Advanced User Medium Mode is the dev's (Gorhill's) recommended method for using uBO - and by extension Nano Adblocker.
actually in this page, medium blocking mode is useless because the 2 images in the 2 sides are first-party so the medium blocking won't block them. We need to create manual blocking rules for them

medium mode works for many people but for me and sumtingwong, it causes more problems because it breaks sides very frequently and it takes time to whitelist 1 by 1

Upvote 0

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
solution 1:
@SumTingWong

solution 2:
use easylist and add this filter, make sure you don't do the step I did in the video
add this to user filter
Code:
||www.gogoanime.to/scripts*.png$image

using adblocker is like using AV. They have signatures and very high chance of getting false positive
adguard english filter has a lot of false positives but more powerful than the default easylist

Solution 1 work on www.gogoanime.to/

Ublock origin with your filters broke ww3.gogoanime.se that I can't view available episodes in anime info. To fix this, I have to turn green on 1st party scripts.

Upvote 0

petok

Level 1
Sep 19, 2011
Do some have solution script or extension for add to AdGuard for this when search on google show google redirection code in link how to stop or block tracking and redirection to be link clear no google cache?

Upvote 0

Pirate_fin

Level 1
Verified
Feb 16, 2018
Upvote 0

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I don't know what's going on with AdGuard. Reciently I've been having lots of issues too. I see ads, sometimes cookies, won't block miners. Everytime I post on their forum they say "cannot reproduce the issue" and immediatly close it...

Upvote 0

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Initially, I was using Adguard extension with English filter. There's no problem when malwarebytes extension was disabled. With malwarebytes extension enabled site breakages occur.

With Adguard extension removed and switched to using uBO with english filter everything plays fine on my FF Quantum and Ungoogled Chromium. Nothing to tinkle with uBO. I just trust with my ScriptSafe. The site changes to

hxxps://www4.gogoanime.se/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.