Advice Request I want to upgrade my exist build I5 6600K

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

ahmed 12

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 19, 2016
You had a bad support experience and i understand not wanting to buy again. No worries though there are lots of brands. When it's time to buy you can decide which one to get and you can exclude gigabyte.
Thank you so much for helping me today but when Intel and AMD new CPUs will release in 2019 one of my friends told me AMD will release it's new chip 7nm in february and Intel maybe in july is this true ?

Freki123

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
@ahmed 12 You can only wait and see releases are pushed back and forth if need be or problems rise up.
I just wanted to mention the cpu flaws since this is a security forum and i coundn't resist it.

Reactions: vtqhtr413

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Thank you so much for helping me today but when Intel and AMD new CPUs will release in 2019 one of my friends told me AMD will release it's new chip 7nm in february and Intel maybe in july is this true ?
Probably amd in mid 2019 and intel end of 2019. Intel might have delays though so not sure about that.

ahmed 12

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 19, 2016
@ahmed 12 You can only wait and see releases are pushed back and forth if need be or problems rise up.
I just wanted to mention the cpu flaws since this is a security forum and i coundn't resist it.
but the new generation of CPUs will be free from spectre and meltdown security issue right ?

Freki123

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
@ahmed 12 When they present the new released cpu they will for sure promote what they have done for security. And people will probe the cpu for sure to test it. Atleast thats what i think. Just read the news and then make a informed decission.

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
Your upgrade question seems to have been answered, but you still asked what is better (Intel or AMD). Basically, AMD is better suited for productive tasks (rendering, office). For gaming I would prefer Intel.

Thales

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2017
I have the same issue.
CPU intense games Intel>AMD.
Ryzen 1700 = Intel i7 3960 (7years old) lol

ahmed 12

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 19, 2016
I have the same issue.
CPU intense games Intel>AMD.
Ryzen 1700 = Intel i7 3960 (7years old) lol
Yes but it is still expensive it costs about 1000$ and 1700 only 180$ what makes AMD compete is the price you pay for the performance Intel is overpriced like Apple and Razer and if they want to compete with AMD it is better to lower their prices.

Reactions: CyberTech

ahmed 12

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 19, 2016
Your upgrade question seems to have been answered, but you still asked what is better (Intel or AMD). Basically, AMD is better suited for productive tasks (rendering, office). For gaming I would prefer Intel.
Yes Intel is better for gaming I used to prefer Intel and like it because it's technology and speed also Intel's motherboards are much better than AMD, but the price is the problem with Intel if only the lower their price or justify it with high performance.

Thales

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2017
Yes but it is still expensive it costs about 1000$ and 1700 only 180$ what makes AMD compete is the price you pay for the performance Intel is overpriced like Apple and Razer and if they want to compete with AMD it is better to lower their prices.

No way, used Intel I7 6700K is 230-250$, the 3rd gen i7 processors are even cheaper.
I would not buy a new one because they are indeed overpriced even if they are strong like hell.

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Hello,
please help me decide I noticed that my CPU in most of games like BF1, GTA V and CPU intensive games peaked at 100% and it is bottleneck my GPU 1070, my friend advised me to sell my pc for INR 46 019 and upgrade to ryzen 1700 or 2700 I need your help to choose the motherboard and should I go with intel or AMD I am so confused I need processor that last for very long time about 7 years without need for upgrade about the motherboard should I go with MSI or ASUS cause my gigabyte motherboard Z170x I faced some problem with it like boot loop and fixed by sending the motherboard to repair shop I don't want this happen again on the new build.And thank you so much
You can swap the i5 6600k to 7700K or 8700K on the same mobo after a simple BIOS update.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.