Advice Request I wish there was a way to backup Firefox settings and addons easily

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

bobdoe

Level 2
Oct 10, 2020
I like Hekasoft Backup & Restore (desktop application) which supports most browsers...

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Can't you just copy the Profile folder?
You don't need any app for that. Just keep a copy of this folder: "C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\****.default-release"
I felt like the scales fell from my eyes.:)I forgot the basics...Half-hearted knowledge tends to make mistakes that bypass shortcuts.😉

"The scales fall from one's eyes"
I believed this expression was a Japanese proverb. When I thought about how to translate and looked it up, I realized that it was originally a translation from Christianity, which was directly translated into Japanese and spread.

It is really exciting and fun to encounter such knowledge! Thank you for the opportunity.:D(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Thanks everyone the only issue I see is what happens if you backup the Firefox profile folder and one of your addons uses a program/application that should be installed on your system ?

Like IDM and AdGuard Browser Assistant.
Both extension will remain. If not for some reason, then it's easy to reinstall these two.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.