Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
i change my laptop OS last week.
i installed Win8.1 and IE11 but when i open IE11 it will not open and closed automatically!!
what can i do :(

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
It sounds like you might have something nasty on your PC. I would try Firefox or some other browser to see if it works fine. If it crashes also you either have a virus/corrupt files on your PC. IE 11 even though I use it is not the best IMO.

Reactions: Kent and omidomi
Upvote 0

omidomi

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
It sounds like you might have something nasty on your PC. I would try Firefox or some other browser to see if it works fine. If it crashes also you either have a virus/corrupt files on your PC. IE 11 even though I use it is not the best IMO.
my laptop is new i scan it by Emsisoft and Bitdefender,
system is not infected.
my university site is open only by IE :|

Upvote 0

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
i change my laptop OS last week.
i installed Win8.1 and IE11 but when i open IE11 it will not open and closed automatically!!
what can i do :(
Did you try to go to: Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting\Programs and select Internet Explorer Performance, and then follow the instructions in the Troubleshooter.
5.jpg

Also, you can try to run Repair Internet Explorer tool from Tweaking.com: http://www.tweaking.com/content/page/repair_internet_explorer.html

Did you try to reset Internet Explorer to its default settings?

Upvote 0

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
Did you try a reset on IE 11..? When it starts to act buggy that usually fixes the problem.

Thats real good info Jack! I am going to write that down!

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

omidomi

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
Did you try to go to: Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting\Programs and select Internet Explorer Performance, and then follow the instructions in the Troubleshooter.
View attachment 14975

Also, you can try to run Repair Internet Explorer tool from Tweaking.com: http://www.tweaking.com/content/page/repair_internet_explorer.html

Did you try to reset Internet Explorer to its default settings?
yes i reset it and do Troubleshooter its not work!
but i check the site and report here if not work...

Upvote 0

omidomi

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.