Advice Request If the world was a good place all the time would you run your PC without any security software ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Bryan320

Level 8
Oct 11, 2019
Well if you think of it this way back in 2005-2010 we got charged for antivirus software we didn't have all these "free options" We had avg back then. They had no rootkit detection in free version which was useless in the windows XP days. We still got charged for antivirus software that would fail just like todays. at least now we don't have to pay to be "protected" today if we get infected we just embrace the "suck"

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Unfortunately the world isn't a good place so I take reasonable precautions to prevent data loss & snooping - If I'd taken better precautions in other departments I wouldn't have 4 children & 8 grandchildren & lots of in-laws, a bit of paranoia there may have been a good idea - Never had an infection at large I'm aware of since I started using PC's :):):)

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I will certainly introduce security software to make sure I am safe.

This is an interesting discussion for the Japanese. Is defense necessary in an attack-free world? No conclusion has been reached in Japan yet.

Reactions: Nevi and bribon77

FireHammer

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 27, 2020
Hi, no chance I would run my Notebook without BTS+Syshardener+Voodoo-Shield+HitmanPro+Malwarebytes Free+Norton Power Eraser & Emsisoft Emergency Kit, and of course Acronis True Image 2021, then I feel relatively safe, and then again: No the world is I am afraid not Disney-Land.:D

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
If the world were a good place all the time, could you use your PC without any security software?
That doesn't only happen on PCs, if not in your own house we need locks, on the street you have to cross at the zebra crossing and look at the traffic lights.
Life is like that, but you don't have to be paranoid either;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.