Sampei Nihira

Level 5
Verified
Sorry to contradict it. But a Protection program is an Anti-exe, an antivirus, a Sanbox. SRP a firewall , HIPS etc. But not a browser or an operating system.
I understand I can be wrong.:)
You do not have to apologise.(y);)
Strictly speaking, the main function of the browser is not the one I mentioned before.

But none of us use a browser with the default settings.
We do this because we assign a defensive role to the browser ourselves.

TairikuOkami

Level 25
Verified
Content Creator
Why Yandex and no other browser?
Because of some unique security features, like the inbuilt dnscrypt (I prefer UDP over TCP for DNS) and Protect mode, where the browser employs extra security measures by using stricter HTTPS certificate checks and disabling extensions, they are known to leak data, even legitimate ones can.

Attachments

Captain Awesome

Level 22
Verified
Malware Tester
DeepFreeze is for community computers. It purges infections upon reboot, though it does nothing to prevent initial infection.
Yeah I know that and love it because of this feature on the other hand if AV(except Kaspersky because it has rollback feature but you never know when it also failed) is failing to protect and all the files are lockdown what to do? Wait for unlock files and Backup is must...? Why not invest in this kind of reboot and restore software fast hand...(IMO)🙂

ebocious

Level 4
Yeah I know that and love it because of this feature on the other hand if AV is failing to protect and all the files are lockdown what to do? Wait for unlock files and Backup is must...? Why not invest in this kind of reboot and restore software fast hand...(IMO)🙂
Who said your choices are limited to DeepFreeze and AV? We've been discussing default-deny solutions all along, of which I am a strong proponent.

Captain Awesome

Level 22
Verified
Malware Tester
With any Light Virtualization software like Shadow Defender or Deepfreeze, at least a simple Default-Deny tool (anti-exe is best) is required, since those LV softs can't prevent any live infection during their own session.
True but I also have system own WD(customise) never disable it.