if you upgrade to Win 10 from a OEM Win 8 Computer be aware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tani

Level 9
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
Nope. Upgrade, make your ISO, wipe/install. I'll have to wipe, install 7, upgrade, make ISO, wipe/install and I don't know if the same ISO will work on all 3 machines with all the key/activation business.
that iso will contain the traces of previous os as well, I want absolutely nothing from the previous windows, want to set it in the way I wish, with Office 2016 as well.

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
No...that would be a lot of DVDs in my case.

The ISO will only have your key and Win 10 Electronic Software Distribution files.

Tani

Level 9
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
No...that would be a lot of DVDs in my case.

The ISO will only have your key and Win 10 Electronic Software Distribution files.
how to make that iso then? (hopefully I'm not confusing, talking here about self made iso after upgrading windows that I deem will contain previously installed software & so, while the one that would be downloaded from microsoft will be totally free of any type of traces)

D

Deleted member 178

you download the ESD files > you use an ESD to ISO decrypter > then you have a ISO > you made it bootable via usb with Rufus.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I have just installed Windows 8.1 to my SSD, my doubt is should I download all the windows 8.1 updates before upgrading to windows 10 or can I download win 10 ISO image and directly install it over my Windows 8.1 without any updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.