I'm Infected with something no one can figure out.

Lioness

Thread author
Verified
Nov 22, 2015
I know there is a virus because my computer isnt working right now and now this is my room mates computer and it is infected with the same thing. I am attaching a picture of what i found on this computer. if you look in the bottom left hand corner where it says history there is something there with what looks like Chinese writing. This was also found on the computer that isnt working any longer but in a different place, it was in recent places on the old computer.

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    42.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Addition.txt
    37.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Check History on this from HP.png
    Check History on this from HP.png
    531.5 KB · Views: 11

Wolfkin

Dec 2, 2015
Hi, I'm posting in her behalf.

Her computer is most certainly infected. The windows defender and antivirus (kapersky) has been disabled. Whatever is on her computer has disabled/ruined her dropbox deleting her pictures. It has been said a remote monitoring software is on the computer and now she cannot even come to this website (It's telling her something went wrong).

She doesn't know exactly what she's doing as she's a total beginner when it comes to computers. The computer isn't exactly hers it belongs to her roommate, but she has on numerous occasions connected her infected usb to that computer in which I believe she used to spread whatever malicious software to that computer.

Whatever is on her computer is able to bypass scans and hide. While I am certain it doesn't house as many viruses as her computer I'm positive it is housing viruses. Is there a way for her to detect them? Safe mode scanning, etc?

Wolfkin

Dec 2, 2015
I cannot edit my post. I apologize for the double post...

I'll relay anything said in this thread to her.

Lioness

Thread author
Verified
Nov 22, 2015
This computer has had pop-ups telling me Kaspersky is disabled to block screen shots and when i went to look it was indeed on. So something is bypassing the Kaspersky. Also it is telling me Defender is turned off and not monitoring my computer but when i try to turn it on it will not come on. If you look in the scans where i done the Farbar tool, it says that the Administrator is not enable for her and a lot of other things is not enabled. They will not turn on at all. I have tried several ways of turning these things on and it still will not work. I also seen some things that said it needed attention if i am correct. My computer had some viruses that ate up the hard drive and we shared a network in the home with file and printer sharing as well as the usb's that i had that were dirty.

Lioness

Thread author
Verified
Nov 22, 2015
oh it is infected It is now putting my saved documents into the trusted group and all kinds of weird stuff. I'm not sure what is wrong if it isnt infected then. I have never seen anything like this ever before. Last night it kept closing and opening the IE I think I really need you to take a second look at this again if you wouldnt mind. I would really appreciate it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.