Advice Request I'm looking for an upgrade to the gtx 1050 ti

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
Hi, I recently sold my gtx 1050 ti to do a gpu upgrade. I know the prices are far from normal but I at least want to make the upgrade attempt. The store where I can buy is the following Placa De Video | MercadoLibre 📦 Compra Gamer and my budget is 77 thousand Argentine pesos.I would like to play Baldur's Gate 3 and other games at a good fps. Well if you help me to choose a good video card I would appreciate it. Thank you very much in advance. Best regards.
this is my current configuration
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($294.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Pure Rock Slim 35.14 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($76.98 @ Amazon)
Memory: ADATA Premier 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-2400 CL17 Memory
Memory: ADATA Premier 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-2400 CL17 Memory
Memory: Neo Forza 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Storage: Intel 540s Series 180 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($101.98 @ Amazon)
Storage: Kingston SSDNow UV400 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital Blue 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($44.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate IronWolf 6 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive ($219.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GT 710 1 GB Video Card ($123.88 @ Amazon)
Case: Lian Li LANCOOL ONE Digital ATX Mid Tower Case ($288.94 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA G3 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($136.00 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1387.74
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-10-10 05:06 EDT-0400

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevi and amirr

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
My suggestion: the Lian Li case, though excellent, is a little over-kill with cheaper models capable of the job also. If you can dial back the case to another Lian Li like this one or an even cheaper but still decent case like a Fractal Design Refine model):

this would free up some cash to invest in perhaps the rtx 3060 or even the 3060 Ti. The ASUS Tuf 3060Ti is about 460 USD at Best Buy as an example, and double or more the cost at Amazon--IF it is in stock. But this can be had if you're willing to compromise on the case and ditch two of the memory sticks (Neo Forza--this is prob. the easiest to upgrade later anyway). Edit: you want a micro build? There are still ITX cases that are cheaper.

Do you need so many storage devices right away? Again, if you can omit one or two and add them later, it will free up money for the graphics. Your power supply selection is very good and should handle the rtx 3xxx easily. I didn't check your vendor for any of this, by the way. But it should carry similar models.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
I'm using this as example. You should look for equivalents thru the vendor your referenced in your initial post. Here, thru your vendor is another example, budget variant. If you can invest in an EVGA, it would be better:

I also see a 1650 there but this card is not as nice or future-secure.

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
I'm using this as example. You should look for equivalents thru the vendor your referenced in your initial post. Here, thru your vendor is another example, budget variant. If you can invest in an EVGA, it would be better:

I also see a 1650 there but this card is not as nice or future-secure.
It is not within my budget, I have 77 Argentine pesos.

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
I would not buy a AMD 3600 for 294USD when you can get a 5600x for 299USD. Will work on B450 board with a BIOS update.
Go with 3200Mhz RAM for either system has 2400Mhz is not the best speed for Ryzen CPUS

The difference between the AMD 3600 and AMD 5600X can be upto 15% higher FPS in games.

*You may have to request the your BIOS be updated before it shipped to you else your board will not boot.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
I understood all of what you stated from the beginning if you read my post completely. My point was: if you can scale back and/or omit some of the other components you listed, this might give you more in your budget to invest in decent graphics.

My suggestions were: Look if your vendor sells lower-cost Lian Li or Fractal Design Refine models. Wait to upgrade your RAM and storage later. 16 GB of RAM is the current standard anyway. Then you have more money to get a decent graphics card now.

Do you want a micro ATX case? Your motherboard says: Micro ATX. If so, you may want to build around that with a smaller case and lower-profile graphics.

My suggestion for the graphics is still: rtx 3060/3060TI. Edit: you sure you want that budget Gigabyte board? It won't have a lot of room, esp. for a better graphics processor. Just asking.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevi

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
Your options are limited to a GTX 1650 or GTX 1650 Super. Defintely go for the Super its noticeable faster.
If the card below is a GTX 1650 Super then this seems like the best one I have seen on the websites you listed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevi and eonline

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
I bought the case and power supply at the time for what would be less than 100 dollars in my country today.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.