Advice Request I'm saying goodbye Google Chrome after 10 years

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Do you have Google Chrome installed on your PC/Mac/Mobile?

• Yes

Votes: 27 51.9%
  • No

Votes: 25 48.1%

• Total voters

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Today, I finally migrated from Google Chrome to Microsoft Edge and Brave browser.

Google Chrome will be:
  • uninstalled from my devices
  • disabled on Android
  • Sync data erased
  • Bookmarks exported
Disclaimer: This does not mean deleting the Google account.

1599748885509.png
Image: Chrome logged out and reset.

1599749220619.png
Revo: The final uninstallation step.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Today, I finally migrated from Google Chrome to Microsoft Edge and Brave browser.

Google Chrome will be:
  • uninstalled from my devices
  • disabled on Android
  • Sync data erased
  • Bookmarks exported
Disclaimer: This does not mean deleting the Google account.

View attachment 246163
Image: Chrome logged out and reset.

View attachment 246164
Revo: The final uninstallation step.
I use Firefox most of the time, it works better with my password manager and my bank account, but still, I am curious -- what made you reject Google Chrome to such an extent?

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
I basically did the same but didnt remove chrome. I still keep it but i exported bookmarks and all data to Firefox.

Using firefox as main browser, chrome on some occasions. New microsoft edge is all fine and dandy but its still based of chromium and for the browsing I need, it doesnt justify using a based off chromium browser when I can just use Chrome.

I would also like to point out that whenever im gaming i have always 4 tabs opened: 1 twitch, and 3 dedicated pages to the game im playing, and the switch to FF i saw a slight better performance while gaming.

Renz1er

Sep 4, 2020
I was using Brave as my primary browsers for some time now, before switching to Ungoogled-Chromium; due to Brave's url swapping fiasco. Apparently, the version updates are kinda slow. But, UC consumes the least amount of memory compared to every other browser out there.

Using Edge Chromium as secondary browser and Vivaldi (based on chromium) on android.

Protomartyr

Level 7
Sep 23, 2019
On PC:
  • Chrome is primary browser and is signed in with bookmarks and extensions synced. History is not synced as I always use an incognito mode shortcut to launch Chrome.
  • Edge Chromium is secondary browser.
However, I do plan on getting a new laptop sometime in the next year and will probably transition to only using Edge Chromium.

Side note: I use Brave on my Linux VMs.

On Android:
  • Revamped Firefox for Android (Daylight) is primary browser.
  • Chrome is secondary browser but is not signed in or syncing.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.